Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well possibly moving from sunny (hot as balls) Florida to Ephrata, Pennsylvania and I'm wondering if anyone lives in that area to give me any insight on how it is near that area or surrounding areas.

Anyone live around there?

Any insight?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Sounds like someone's gonna be working for the man Don Guhl???

Can't comment much on the town, all I can say is it snows in the winter and you won't be able to ride, just mod :lol: But you probably already know that

GL man

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL yeah, things are a brewin..... we shall see. I know its gunna get cold but I dont think I'll mind it to much.... havnt been in snow in a lonnnggg time lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
It wont snow to much there.. I live on the opposite side of the state about an hr and 45 mins north of Pitt.. Love and hate it here lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
I moved to northeast (new york border) two years ago for work. First winter we didn't see the ground for 3 months. It sucked because I work out in it. This last winter was pretty mild, very little snow at all. Roads up north are nice and curvy. Good thing is ur 3-4hrs from some really amazing things. Good luck

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I live an hour from ephrata. Maryland, Delaware, nj, philly and even new York are veryclose to there
you will be defeating your bike that's for sure. Unless you wanna play on rt1 between Maryland and pa. Only roadsstraight and smooth enough to break 200 around ephrata. Some of the best twisty roads are near ephrata. Great bike meet every month in town too. Hundreds of bikes.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
As stated above, the twisties are awesome. I have been all over Penn with my last job, and i would just look out the window wishing i had my 10. But the Winters are cold, and quite a bit of snow. I dont think i have ever been up there between 1st Nov - end Jan that there wasnt snow on the ground. But the summers are incredible. Hard to beat the twisties up there.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Never snowed more than three inches past with winter and only twice maybe three times. Two previous winters we got over three FEET.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Im just outside harrisburg, i been to ephrata once for the bike meet. Its the first or second sunday of the month. Alot of bikes, and seems like alot of good people. I believe its there theres a straight alot of people go out to an race and do dumb stuff.

You moving for work?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Yeah u wont be doing too much top speed runs there, but if u hop over the river we got some straight roads to play with Along with AC/And the shore..

As far as weather when its cold its cold..

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Im just outside harrisburg, i been to ephrata once for the bike meet. Its the first or second sunday of the month. Alot of bikes, and seems like alot of good people. I believe its there theres a straight alot of people go out to an race and do dumb stuff.

You moving for work?
Crazy! I moved to mechanicsburgh for a little bit to play hockey like 10 years ago. :lol:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I live in Downtown Pittsburgh, Coolest city ive been to thus far but the roads out this way are SHITTY........... Out that way its beautiful though... Good luck man

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you LOVE riding your bike that much, or like the beach, don't do it. You cannot ride as much and PA will get cold. I'm from Eastern shore MD and winter sucks. I go to FL for a week in the winter and its like paradise.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
^ It's not THAT bad up here man. Beautifil springs and Fall weather. Like stated many times in this thread, the coun try back roads are fantastic!! Can ride all through DE, PA, MD all on some of the best roads imagineable. Besides, winter time here, Ephrata, is from late November/ Early December(past year was late December parked my bike) until April. Five months to get bike prepped for following year. Or, do what I did and trailer bikes down to Florida....leave in middle of snow storm in March to scratch the itch for a week. Though it was freakin highs in the 40's for bike week at daytona that one year but still better than snow/blizzards.
Mid Atlantic states see very few heavy snow winters. There was two winters in a row of multiple large snow storms in 2009 and 2010 that saw RECORD snow fall amounts. Now it won't heavy snow for next 4 years...already had 1 mild winter followed by warmest spring on record this year.
I think the rainy springs and sometimes rainy summers blow more than winter. The one year, 2009 I believe, not only did it snow its ass off massively but it rained nearly everyweekend from April though September. Everyone was freaking out here and PA because couldn't do a damn thing. Can ride in 45 degree weather with correct gear and have fun still. Can't have fun on super twisty, super tight turns, super rapid eleveation changing roads with leaves and gravel down.. That sucked!!!

Oh, the LEAVES in the Fall. Now that is a whole nother story Garth. You'll be doing 140mph and suddenly bike strats to bog outta no where. You pull over to find a giant Maple Leaf covering the entire air inlet screen up front,lol. True story. More than three times,

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
:spit::spit::spit:......as much fun as I would have every snow storm with you on here, even I cant be that mean:lol:

Garthie....dont do it!!!:bitchslap:BangHead:

Some how I cant see you on a snowmobile instead of the bike:headshake

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL well this is still all a "maybe" I'm very undecided but my current job turning wrenches is a shit job so I need an OUT and fast lol....

I really wouldnt mind leaving town for a little while

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
dont do it. southerners should only move north if you're trying to go to school...other than that it's a bad idea.

I left florida 6 years ago "for a little while" i'm still here!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts