Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I plan on buying a dynojet pcv here in the next paycheck or so, and this may be a stupid question but..where can I get map setups for my bike? I have an m4 gp slip on with a k&n air filter on a 2009 zx10r. This will be my first pc ive ever owned soo yea.
:dontknow:
Thanks

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
maps can be downloaded straight from dynojets site or taken from the cr they give you...there are a few maps on here as well but my suggestion would be to get everything hooked upand then just try a few different maps to see which you like better.....even go into them and tweak em a bit if there are any dead spots or anything you can notice on/off throttle. you can always call DJ as welland let them know your setup and they will suggest a good map for your bike.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, well that seems pretty simple. Being the do it yourself guy that I am, how easy is installation of the pc and the adding of maps to it?

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you can take apart your plastics and do any kind of regular maintenance to your bike, you can install a power commander. The instructions are very straight forward and also has pictures in case you feel lost. The Gen 2 set up is a simple one plug (or 2? Can't really remember) affair. Not sure about the PCV and / or Gen 3 hookups but on the Gen2 it really is a 20 mins to 1/2 hr deal. If you have a laptop, its as simple as installing and opening the software (provided on a CD-R when you buy the PCV), opening the map files, browse by motorcycle make, etc find what you're looking for and transferring it to the PCV interface for loading onto your PCV. After that, jack your computer into the PCV turn your ignition key to "on", open map files, select and send your map to your PCV - done deal!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If you can take apart your plastics and do any kind of regular maintenance to your bike, you can install a power commander. The instructions are very straight forward and also has pictures in case you feel lost. The Gen 2 set up is a simple one plug (or 2? Can't really remember) affair. Not sure about the PCV and / or Gen 3 hookups but on the Gen2 it really is a 20 mins to 1/2 hr deal. If you have a laptop, its as simple as installing and opening the software (provided on a CD-R when you buy the PCV), opening the map files, browse by motorcycle make, etc find what you're looking for and transferring it to the PCV interface for loading onto your PCV. After that, jack your computer into the PCV turn your ignition key to "on", open map files, select and send your map to your PCV - done deal!
:+2: PIECE of cake on a gen2!! Took me a few hrs on my 06 CBR1000rr, and literally 25min on my 07zx10. I have the pc3 set in the tail where the tool kit USED to be, and held in with the strap used to hold the tool kit in place

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have to wonder..everyones talked about how easy it is to install on a second gen but how about the third gens like mine?

·
Registered
86 Posts
i actually thought i did mine wrong or forgot something bc it was so easy. the total time after taking my gas tank off was about half hour. u shouldnt have a problem

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
On the 3rd gen there is one big plug that you intercept with the PCV plug, you add a ground to the ground bundle and then you can optionally splice in a few more wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installing a PCV 09 zx10

Can anyone help me with installing a PCV on my 09 zx10...if just using the PCV is there only two main plug ins or do i have to tapp the speed and temperature wires? the instructions are not as clear as id like. Help would be much apprciated!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Can anyone help me with installing a PCV on my 09 zx10...if just using the PCV is there only two main plug ins or do i have to tapp the speed and temperature wires? the instructions are not as clear as id like. Help would be much apprciated!
You don't have to tap anything with a PCV for a 09 ZX-10R. 100% plug n' play. It's an easy install.
Here are the directions with color.
http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/17-004/install/pcv/eng17-004.pdf

The orange-brown plug is located under the airbox on the back right corner(See pic, Fig C)
Unplug it
Plug in the grey PCV connectors in place of it.
Attach the black PCV ground wire to the existing ground spot on the bike(see pic, Fig E)
Position the PCV module where ever you like. In the tail or somewhere under the seat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts