Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

After installing PVC & Autotune on my ZX10r 08 (european) and some acceptations of the autotune trims the bike goes better than before.

BUT:

Gear 1...4 are ok. Only with gear 5 & 6 and only in the low rev / low thottle area the bike starts to bog and shows hard load changes. it seems that the afr is to lean. it´s very dangerous to ride, especially in curves....

in this area autotune pvc adds up to 59% (!!) fuel, although in gear 1...4 there´s all in the minus ranges.

does anybody here have an explanation for this phenomenon :dontknow: or even better, a solution??? :+1:

below the gear based maps, i´ve marked the confused-area red.

Mods:
AKRAPOVIC - Slip On
AKRA Link Pipe with wide band sensor
cat's removed
Kleen Air System blocked

·
Registered
477 Posts
i'm no expert but they look a bit odd!!so the auto tune thingy is trying to keep very close to perfect air/fuel ratio as possible, at all times in all gears ,at any revs.is that right??if so then it looks way off! if it was me i'd be buying the dynojet lcd sreen to see my air/fuel in real time whilst riding,or speak to dynojet first..

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I don't have any explanation, but only a suggestion: What happens if you copy the 4th-gear map into the 5th and 6th map and then don't accept any more changes?

In the RPM range that you are talking about, the road speed is about 60 ~ 120 km/h; ram air should have scarcely any effect.

I noticed that you removed the oxygen sensors. I am skeptical of this. I have a funny feeling that the bike's ECU is seeing steady-state cruise conditions and is wanting to go into closed-loop mode, but is not seeing the correct signals (because the sensors are nonexistent) and wonky stuff is happening as a result.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
By the way, you've got more nasty stuff happening as high as 7250 rpm and 15% throttle. It's more or less following what one would expect the throttle position at steady cruise to be ... more suggestion that it has something to do with the bike's stock closed-loop mode.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think the closed loop area goes only up to 4000 rpm and i´ve installed the oxygen sensor eliminators from the 07er modell so normally i should'nt have any closed loop area (no FI blinking) :/
i´ve already tried to take the 4th gear map for 5th and 6th - but - same procedure, the bike seems to be to lean and after several autotune trims values are the same as before.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Ya know what I'd try ...

Ditch the O2 sensor eliminators. Put the O2 sensors back in and hook them up as they were originally. Zero-map it in the light-load / lower RPM regime. Let the bike run in closed-loop under the conditions when it wants to do so.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
The thing I can't figure out, is that steady-state cruise is the easiest possible condition for establishing proper closed-loop operation, and hard acceleration is the worst (because the engine doesn't spend long enough at any single operating condition for the lambda sensor to get a stabilized reading).

Does the Bazzaz have these issues? I have a funny feeling that something got rushed into production without being fully debugged, but maybe it's just me ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is exactly the point i don't understand at all. the best conditions for autotune to get best results is theoretically the "cruise area" because of the reasons you wrote. i will copy the 4th gear settings from 2% 5% and 10% throttle to the 5th and 6th gear once again and look forward....

·
Registered
477 Posts
it seems to me that dynojet have not done enough r+d on this product and released it too early??hay when you can let the paying customers do it for you why not!!(bit odd from dynojet though!)either way i'd be on the phone asking what the heck is going on...

·
Registered
447 Posts
make sure that PC V is updated to lates firmware or it can lock an injector open and possibly cause damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
make sure that PC V is updated to lates firmware or it can lock an injector open and possibly cause damage.
How can you check?

PS:
New at this forum:
I am from the netherlands, drove and raced all models zx10r.
Currently a Gen4 (2011) model that I race.
Akra slip on and link pipe,
PCV and O2 optimizers
Ohlins FGRT 817 and TTX
PVM rims
Translogic Quickshifter
Goodridge braided hoses with brembo Z04 pads and LCF600+ fluid
and a lot more

While testing my bike for the first time in France (Val de Vienne) it started to run sh*t after 4/5 laps, missing power and sounding as I just drove into the sea...
Disconnecting the PCV resolved it, but the running was worse vs the first 4/5 laps.
I am wondering if the firmware is the problem.
Because I searched and checked a million times the wires and cables etcetc, but only the disconnecting of the PCV helped.

thanks for advice.

grtz

Shuriken

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,499 Posts
How can you check?

PS:
New at this forum:
I am from the netherlands, drove and raced all models zx10r.
Currently a Gen4 (2011) model that I race.
Akra slip on and link pipe,
PCV and O2 optimizers
Ohlins FGRT 817 and TTX
PVM rims
Translogic Quickshifter
Goodridge braided hoses with brembo Z04 pads and LCF600+ fluid
and a lot more

While testing my bike for the first time in France (Val de Vienne) it started to run sh*t after 4/5 laps, missing power and sounding as I just drove into the sea...
Disconnecting the PCV resolved it, but the running was worse vs the first 4/5 laps.
I am wondering if the firmware is the problem.
Because I searched and checked a million times the wires and cables etcetc, but only the disconnecting of the PCV helped.

thanks for advice.

grtz

Shuriken
:welcome:

This thread is 4 years old, so probably won't get much response from the original posters.

Go to DynoJet's website and download the latest firmware and then connect the PCV to your computer and update it (Power Commander Tools->Update Firmware in the desktop app).

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hi!

After installing PVC & Autotune on my ZX10r 08 (european) and some acceptations of the autotune trims the bike goes better than before.

BUT:

Gear 1...4 are ok. Only with gear 5 & 6 and only in the low rev / low thottle area the bike starts to bog and shows hard load changes. it seems that the afr is to lean. it´s very dangerous to ride, especially in curves....

in this area autotune pvc adds up to 59% (!!) fuel, although in gear 1...4 there´s all in the minus ranges.

does anybody here have an explanation for this phenomenon :dontknow: or even better, a solution??? :+1:

below the gear based maps, i´ve marked the confused-area red.

Mods:
AKRAPOVIC - Slip On
AKRA Link Pipe with wide band sensor
cat's removed
Kleen Air System blocked

im not a pro. and skipped most of the thread. but ill pipe in and say your problem is auto tune. get your bike properly tuned and this wont be a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
:welcome:

This thread is 4 years old, so probably won't get much response from the original posters.

Go to DynoJet's website and download the latest firmware and then connect the PCV to your computer and update it (Power Commander Tools->Update Firmware in the desktop app).
Thanks, will do tonight

1 - 15 of 15 Posts