Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I'm trying to figure out which auto tune system to go with as there is no dyno's within a 1000 miles from where I live.(Ridiculous isn't it). Sorry if this has been covered but I could not find a good thread in the search function. I have a Gen 2 and not looking for insane power increase or heavily mod the engine. I want a good tune for everyday riding and the ability to tune to different bolt on accessories. I'm leaning toward the woolich but looking for real world input.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
390 Posts
PC5 with Autotune

I went with the PC5 and the Autotune for all 3 of my bikes, and love it. Really dialed in the A/F and in my opinion outperformed the dyno tune that I had on it previously. Very impressed with the technology. Best $500 I ever spent. I dont know if the Woolrich utilizes a Wideband O2 sensor, but whatever system you decide to use, be sure to Utilize a Wideband o2 sensor.

·
Grease Monkey Bandit
929 Posts
PCV and Bazazz are both piggyback systems, the Woolich system which does incorporate a wide band sensor writes maps directly to the ECU. An important part for you to consider would be what the sampling rate capability is for each system. There should be a few people chiming in here on this thread.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
The Woolich system capabilities expand a lot farther than just adjusting the air fuel ratio, just go to their website and look up your bike and it will tell you all of the things you can do with it.
*Clears throat*

If you run just the Bazzaz or Dynojet stuff, your ECU will still be restricted so your bike won't be getting all the power it really has. Unless of course your ECU is already flashed.

With the Woolich setup, you can adjust nearly every aspect of the bike; ignition, secondaries, fueling, traction control as well as add in a quickshifter and such now. You can also do auto tune which does indeed utilize a wideband O2 sensor like other systems out there. It also samples at a rate of 100hz which means it takes a reading 100x ever second. That's compared to either 10hz or 50hz for the Dynojet and Bazzaz stuff. So in the end, you'd end up with a faster, more complete set up bike than running with the Dynojet and Bazzaz stuff.

To get the similar features from either of them, you'd have to purchase and install more add on modules taking up space and making the bike a cluster, I know... I used to run Dynojet everything; PCV, SFM, quickshifter, autotuner, ignition module and it was a mess. Now, it's just two tiny boxes; one for the Log Box another for the Wideband. Installation is pretty straight forward too.

If you want to pursue this, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help get you up and running on your own :)

-Anthony

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
PCV and Bazazz are both piggyback systems, the Woolich system which does incorporate a wide band sensor writes maps directly to the ECU. An important part for you to consider would be what the sampling rate capability is for each system. There should be a few people chiming in here on this thread.
PCV Auto Tune (10 samples per second)
Bazzaz Auto Tune (8 samples per second)

Woolich (50-100 samples per second)

Most drag racers on Psycho bike state that PCV and Bazzaz sample rates are to slow for the 1/4 mile data logging and not to fond of them.

I would get Woolich.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts