Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the possible maps for the pcv and didnt find any for the m4 street slayer. I also don't have an air filter but I was gonna get one if I heard good things about adding one over stock. Total mods are -1/+2, ivans wire mod, m4 street slayer, pcv. Does anybody have a similar setup/ advice on the pcv settings? And what improvements did you guys see with a new air filter? Thanks for your help guys!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,776 Posts
I have practically the same mods. +1R, BMC Race Filter, Street Slayer, and wire mod. No PCV and the bike runs fine. Don't plan to add one until I get reflashed. Gains were minimal with these mods.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you like your bmc or is there another one that you would recommend over the bmc?

·
Registered
277 Posts
BMC is a better quality than K&N IMO. I have a great map for your set up at home. I will try and hook you up tonight.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have almost the same mods but have the upper flies out and have a m4gp.. I run the autotune..my suggested fuel trims are less than 5 (mostly 1 and 2s) now that i have been riding with it for a while (which meanse it is as clost to perfect as possible) if ya want I can get the map and send it to ya later when I get home
and fyi i have been told by multiple people incl ivan that a air filter makes almost no difference on the gen 4s

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have practically the same mods. +1R, BMC Race Filter, Street Slayer, and wire mod. No PCV and the bike runs fine. Don't plan to add one until I get reflashed. Gains were minimal with these mods.
the pcv5 and the autotune added a bunch of fuel up top over stock .. and leaned out the bottom quite a bit... im guessing because the flies arent closing. well i dont even have flies. lol

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Have you bought the PCV yet? If you buy it from Ivan, he will load a map into it based on what mods you have...

That's what I did. There is a local shop doing $30 Dyno HP pulls next weekend. I want to take my 10R there and see how Ivan's map performs.

·
Registered
546 Posts
just my opinion but when your already have this much money invested in the bike why would you cut corners and load a generic map that was made on another bike?.. why not buy the autotune or get it tuned? those "custom" mail ordered maps are base maps.. no tbad to get it close before tuning or installing the autotune but to run these generic maps in the long term just doesnt make sense to me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just my opinion but when your already have this much money invested in the bike why would you cut corners and load a generic map that was made on another bike?.. why not buy the autotune or get it tuned? those "custom" mail ordered maps are base maps.. no tbad to get it close before tuning or installing the autotune but to run these generic maps in the long term just doesnt make sense to me
I'd like to get the autotune eventually but I don't have enough cash after buying the pcv. I just wanted a map that would be decent until I had the money for an autotune.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I totally understand your situation . i did the same thing buy a pcv first(from a member here) and then run on the base maps.

i would not run the base maps again - i tried almost everything and they run very rich and bike doesnt perform . So i was runing zero map until i could get it to dyno.

Once dyno the bike is a different beast . Custom map works well and FC vs power is very balanced.

i would suggest just dont run any map for now as they are not efficient at all . may spoil your plug if they run rich . Also my 02 sensor was pretty much coated with dark black residue thanks to downloaded map . once i dyno the bike i had to clean th 02 sensors and they are good now .

just my suggestion.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'd like to get the autotune eventually but I don't have enough cash after buying the pcv. I just wanted a map that would be decent until I had the money for an autotune.
ugh.. totally forgot about ya.. ill send ya my map tonight.. will deff perform better than those dyunojet maps.. they are super rich.. when i was running a dj base map my mpg went to like 25.9. after the autotune leaned it out im getting 30.3 now.. shows ya how rich those dynojet maps run.. they do that to play it safe so you dont melt holes in the pistons.. my map still might be just a lil rich for u cause i have the flies out but will be much much better than the dj maps... and i deff feel ya about the cash after the pcv.. this shit gets expensive. the autotune is worth every penny.. deff look into it.. ill send ya my map tonight that should get ya close and hold ya over till ya get the at..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ugh.. totally forgot about ya.. ill send ya my map tonight.. will deff perform better than those dyunojet maps.. they are super rich.. when i was running a dj base map my mpg went to like 25.9. after the autotune leaned it out im getting 30.3 now.. shows ya how rich those dynojet maps run.. they do that to play it safe so you dont melt holes in the pistons.. my map still might be just a lil rich for u cause i have the flies out but will be much much better than the dj maps... and i deff feel ya about the cash after the pcv.. this shit gets expensive. the autotune is worth every penny.. deff look into it.. ill send ya my map tonight that should get ya close and hold ya over till ya get the at..
That would be awesome! and thanks to everyone for all the help and advice. I want to take as good of care of my bike as possible and I know electronic settings can do a lot of harm or good. Anyone live near Dallas??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts