Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this might be a stupid question but I want to know.

I bought a PCV and I live in South Africa, will the map work with our altitude or will this have little effect on the settings, I did also get the autotune, but will only be able to fit it next week.

Should I rather wait and get everything fitted next week or can I try the PCV with a map from the website? I have a 2 Bros fitted with the decat pipe and they do have a map on the site.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
I have yet to figure out why people think that mapping is affected by altitude. :dontknow: Kawasaki doesn't sell different models of the same bike in different countries based on the terrain elevation. If you were to ride the bike up a mountain, would you have to stop and remap the bike when you got to the top?

The answer is no, you wouldn't have to remap it. That's because there is a inlet air pressure sensor built into bike to help compensate for a drop or rise in pressure in the airbox. This happens whether the pressure change is from the ram air effect, or a change in the weather, or altitude.

You can try the map from the site, but it's likely to be a POS. Give it a shot and see what happens. You're probably better off just running an all '0' map so you can ride the bike and wait until you get the Autotune hooked up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts