Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just installed a Pcv with Auto tuner with a full Leo Vince exhaust map installed, prior to installing the Pcv + Auto tuner the bike was all good with no issues what so ever.(2010 zx10r)
As the Pcv + Auto tuner has just been installed without any track time to recalibrate map (garage start-ups only), every time I start the bike I’m getting black smoke coming out of the exhaust for a sec or two and a strong smell of fuel.
This only happens after the bike as been left over night or sitting for a couple of days, once it has been started the issues with the smoke is gone.

Could it be my auto tuner hasnt had the chance to adjust to running conditions?

Any suggestion why this is happening?.

:dontknow:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Why not load a Blank - Zero map and then start the bike up again - if the black smoke and fuel smell goes away - then you might have a problem with your map!

·
Registered
825 Posts
In the PCV set-up,did you add any extra fuel for start up?
How long after starting did you set the Auto-tune to begin sampling?
Are the trims all 0's?
It's possible that you may need to ride the bike for 1-200 km's,for the Auto-tune to get the fuelling set to the target AFR you have chosen.
Starting in the garage can't accomplish that.Also what Fernman said makes sense.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the PCV set-up,did you add any extra fuel for start up?
How long after starting did you set the Auto-tune to begin sampling?
Are the trims all 0's?
It's possible that you may need to ride the bike for 1-200 km's,for the Auto-tune to get the fuelling set to the target AFR you have chosen.
Starting in the garage can't accomplish that.Also what Fernman said makes sense.
Auot tune start after 300sec...trims are 0's

With the map..it was given to me from a fellow zx10r.net rider..Pic 1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im thinking of installing this one straight from Pc site

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you able to make heads or tails from the difference fill free to let me know.

·
Registered
140 Posts
^ your autotune is NOT enabled in those pics.
You would have another table with trim values and afr. The AFRs set by dynojet are rather rich on the bottom and mid end on low throttle values as well. You just need to finish the setup thats all.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
looks like thats just the opened file no devises connected, if you can take a screen shot of the pcv hooked up and the bike running

·
Registered
140 Posts
looks like thats just the opened file no devises connected, if you can take a screen shot of the pcv hooked up and the bike running
Even if I open my map it shows the autotune tables though.
Yes though, pic of it running so we know for sure what you have going on there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Baddie,I have noticed mine blows a bit of black until it gets to about 40 deg,and then it's fine.Only on a cold start,so maybe the PCV is richening it up until she gets some temp into it.:dontknow:
Still running like a scalded cat.How did the track day go?:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts