Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted Dynojet today and inquired about the ignition module again and I finally got a response that made sense.... The ignition module should be released by the end of february... The problem that they ran into was sourcing the parts to be able to supply the public... They have units already working there's no reliability issues of any sort...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I contacted Dynojet today and inquired about the ignition module again and I finally got a response that made sense.... The ignition module should be released by the end of february... The problem that they ran into was sourcing the parts to be able to supply the public... They have units already working there's no reliability issues of any sort...
Its about time...I did the same thing back in Dec for the 2nd or third time and they said Feb 2011 we would be getting it...I cant wait

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96613

·
Registered
384 Posts
Can't wait can't wait can't wait. Oh never mind I have a pc3 what I'm need is MONEY. I tell you its always something

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
thats awesome! cant wait! im running the full akra, pcv and auto tune. and so far im impressed cant wait for the ign. mod

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Sweet ass! Been waiting for this for a while. Ign mod, quick shifter and secondary controller here I come. Anybody know if dyno jet will come out with a tc option?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably won't be released till mid April

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called dynojet again today and they told me at least another month...This guy said the problem was sourcing the boards..... It's very disapointing for me being that I run multiple maps and can only run one ignition map.......

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Called dynojet again today and they told me at least another month...This guy said the problem was sourcing the boards..... It's very disapointing for me being that I run multiple maps and can only run one ignition map.......

WTF.....this sux...lol...a rep for MSD thats on the psychobike board, FINALLY got into the thread...he said they " MAY " make the sb6 for the 10...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it's b.s. They keep on putting off the release date...if I would've know this I never would have bought a pcv .... I wouldve stuck with a pc3 ...but oh well it is what it is...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
The dynojet ign modules never lived up to their hype from what I have ever seen, if you have a KIT ecu what do you want the ign module for, pull timing for juice?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dynojet ign modules never lived up to their hype from what I have ever seen, if you have a KIT ecu what do you want the ign module for, pull timing for juice?
Yeah I like being able to switch timing with my different maps.... Mainly for nos though....:cool:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah thats the thing I love about the power commanders being able to switch maps.

IF your not going to big on a nitrous jet I probably wouldnt worry to much about a timing pull unless your maxxing timing out.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i know i don't have to but I want the bike pulling as hard as it can ....i'm anal like that....Everything has to be perfect.....

40 shot btw......

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I ran a 40 shot in my old bike for a LONG time with out the Ign module, my buddy ran a 50 shot with just the rich mixture....

Do you know how to wire it so that your maps will switch for you automatically as soon as you hit the nitrous???

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
already done once the activation switch is on ....once I hit 100% throttle it and I hit the button it automatically switches the map and when I let off it goes back to regular map.....

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
good deal, took a while for people to catch on to that concept with the PC3's the the hub. Had that set up on my 04 and worked like a charm!

Good luck with everything!

P.S. next time I talk to Don at Guhl motors I will see if the 08-10 10r ECU's are able to load a second map with a wire trigger.

They can make it so that our "fault" map which would give you say a 8,000 rpm limit if something was wrong would be your normal map but with timing pulled, so then you would just have to say ground one pin on the ECU and it would send you into a limp mode which they can then modify to have full power but pull 2 degrees or so of timing.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good deal, took a while for people to catch on to that concept with the PC3's the the hub. Had that set up on my 04 and worked like a charm!

Good luck with everything!

P.S. next time I talk to Don at Guhl motors I will see if the 08-10 10r ECU's are able to load a second map with a wire trigger.

They can make it so that our "fault" map which would give you say a 8,000 rpm limit if something was wrong would be your normal map but with timing pulled, so then you would just have to say ground one pin on the ECU and it would send you into a limp mode which they can then modify to have full power but pull 2 degrees or so of timing.
Its funny that you say that ....i was suppose to send him my kit ecu as he has wanted to read the code in it to see what other things he can do with it....:eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts