Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what kind of performance to expect if I were to add a PCV and a tune to my bike. I know it won't be much hp increase and not to worried about that but the overall feel of the bike. I'm currently running a graves slip on and archers aggressive flash.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
If the modifications match the flash, you won't need any further fueling adjustments. If you have things that are different, or switch things out, you will need fueling adjustments.

If the flash you're using, is not for your exact set up, then you should go to a dyno, get a baseline, see how far off it is, and then determine if it's worth the extra $500 it'll cost you for a programmer and dyno tune to fix it.

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the modifications match the flash, you won't need any further fueling adjustments. If you have things that are different, or switch things out, you will need fueling adjustments.

If the flash you're using, is not for your exact set up, then you should go to a dyno, get a baseline, see how far off it is, and then determine if it's worth the extra $500 it'll cost you for a programmer and dyno tune to fix it.
My current flash is for a m4 shorty exhaust. So it's almost similar to the graves.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,878 Posts
Not much. But if you have a mail-in flash, it's not perfect for your setup. They never are as each bike is different. If you want the tune 100% for you and be able to make changes after the fact, then you'll need a DIY flash kit or a PCV.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
You can expect around 3-5HP extra on top of what the flash does for you. That's the running average people report back to me after they have it tuned additionally.

You can't get a bike 100% dialed in on any mail in ECU flash service. A lot of them are very good, but ultimately there is likely to be some power gained by tailoring the AFR curve to your bike specifically.

That's why I tell people to at least take the bike in and have it ran across the dyno to monitor the AFR after the flash. Most shops will do this for $50-75. Then, based on the runs you and the tuner can make a sound decision on whether additional tuning is needed and what benefit you'd get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts