Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I already know where the search button is for a member stating to use it and I have done research my self threw here on both. Coming from someone that had a pcIII already I loved it regardless of hitting up a tuner everyone 6 months etc. But oh well back to the point I can either go with the pcIII and ignition module vs pcV and auto tune...I want your guys opinions cause this foxpower sports place that I'm going to knows there shit very well and have a complete race team and there telling me that the only way to go is with the pcV and auto tune along with a custom tune...There stating that the pcIII will soon be a thing of the past LOL. But hey I wouldn't be on here if I wasn't unsure of things. Its really based on a thread I just read about another member stating he got rid of his pcV for a III due to the fact the pcV doesn't yet have the ignition module. But pc it self is stating the ignition module is built into the pcV eliminating your need for buying it. What this member is stating is the complete inverse opposite of pc and there techs. If anything I thank you all for helping me out before I go hit up the bank today :lol:

:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Well, for starters the PCV also controls the secondary injectors=more fine tuning. So worst case is to wait to buy an ignition module, if it's not implemented.

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
See man, that's where I'm confused cause I talked to power commander directly today and they state the new pcV has all the same stuff as a ignition module, they stated with the pcV you will never have to buy one...This was straight from a techs mouth!! I know I didn't hear him wrong, cause his main point speaking with me was that they didn't just make it smaller and call it quits, he said we completely redesigned it so that you wouldn't ever have to buy the ignition module anymore...Fill me in man though cause I hear his side and Kawasaki's side of things and I want to hear everyone's here...

It's just there was a thread about a week ago stating another member wasn't happy etc or something. I mean how I see it the pcV is smaller, has more plug n play apps, better updating for maps with the 02 senser...but I dont know

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Maybe someone else can verify that the Ignition Module is built-in the PCV?
If so, does it need an activation code or something, or is it free?

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nope he said that the ignition module is built into the pcv and that's why the guy thought I was crazy when I tried to tell him about this member on here selling his and getting a pcIII and hub for the ignition module. He thought I was joking at first then completely went into detail, but hey techs can be wrong to you know. Thats why I'm here asking my fellow members....But for the most part when power commander says the pcV has a built in ignition module there usually right LOL

But hey man, thanks though for your help even though were both sitting here scratching are heads haha

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,737 Posts
Well, for starters the PCV also controls the secondary injectors=more fine tuning. So worst case is to wait to buy an ignition module, if it's not implemented.

From the best of my knowledge the PCV don't operate the secondary injectors. Since I dont have one I can't be 100% sure....but Im 85% sure that they do not.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Also a while back in another thread it was made clear that the ignition module will be needed with a PCV to run a Quick Shifter to interrupt ignition and allow the gear change.

The whole theory being that fuel cut wasn't sufficient as the PCV didn't control the upper injectors on the 08 and using fuel interrupt rather than ignition interrupt would not work properly as the upper injectors would still be in operation.

Would be great for a tech to clear all this up on this forum for us, failing that a member who is in the know?

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You sound mad while your explaining things Ha ha...but I guess thank you man for the copy work...

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I called them today again before I ordered guys, the tech was talking/speaking about another bike and how the ignition module was built in!! I ended up going with the pcV with the auto tune due to the fact its smaller really. It has all the same shit just smaller and this tail section sucks on this bike!! But even with the auto tune in place I'm still going to go get it up on a dyno and have it professionally tuned along with maps made for her. I will keep you all posted here in the nexted couple weeks when shit gets installed and I take it down for the tune...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts