Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed my PCIII usb and loaded the map for stock pipe/filter (the updated one) and then I wanted to set my throttle position, I thought it would be like my zx12, ign. on then set closed throttle, the wide open throttle click set. I did the same thing and I was able to set the closed throttle (bike idling) but I don't wanna open the throttle wide open when the bike is standing still to set the throttle at 100% . So what I am missing here? Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sneaky said:
I didnt think you actually started the bike when setting the throttle position.
Yes I did the bike was idling at the time and did set the "closed throttle" position but I don't wanna open the throttle wide open when bike is idling to set it, I thoungh I could do it without bikes running just like I did with my ZX12r

·
Registered
477 Posts
If the pc cuts out before you can set the "open" setting, coz many bike do, and have to be started to do this, do the "open"setting first. It'll lose connection, switch it off, turn on again and hold the throttle open quickly and presss "open", should be sweet.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
On the PCIII software you can calibrate open and closed throttle on the PCIII. Out of the box stock the #'s were a little off. My closed was 2-3% and the full open was ~102% or something. After I calibrated it, and rechecked it, the range is now 0 to 100% as it should be.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Even if the bike is idling, you can turn it wide open fast and the engine will not rev uo that much. Remember it is going off the tps sensor so just because the grip is turned wide open the engine is not instant rev. I think that mine went to about 6000 when I done it. No big deal.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thats why they give you the little white plug that you can plug a
9 volt batterie to, hook that up and turn on the ignition and set the throttle position. :idea:

·
Registered
477 Posts
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha This is very true. Luv ya work. I'm now giving myself uppercuts for not thinking of that myself. Haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't follow this. I installed the PCIIIusb but never set closed or full throttle. Didn't know it was needed. I don't have my docs handy but don't remember reading about this. Can you explain what this does and why it is necessary. Thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Look at it like this. Say your bike on, and without any throttle is saying 3% throttle on the PC software. Is it at 3%? No, BUT at the 3% throttle section of the map, it is adding or removing fuel based on that throttle position. So basically it is aligning the correct throttle position with the corresponding position of the PC map. I'm crap at explaining things like this though sorry. lol So, "with 9v battery connected", turn bike on, open the "throttle position settings" in the USB software. with the throttle untouched (closed) press the closed tab. Then open the throttle to it's maximum, and press "open" You're done. You'll see when you do it, if it was right or not, as when you open the software, the TP will be at 0, or 2 or -1 or whatever, and same goes for WOT. It'll be at 98% or 103% or whatever. BUT oncew you press the closed and open, then get out of that screen, you'll see it go from exactly 0-100% from closed to wide open. Have fun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Birdman is right, and it should be checked after installing the PCIII.

Anyways here is the final end of my story; :sad: I'll make it short, that 9V battery power adaptor that came with the PCIII is necessary to set the throttle position and I did try it but had no luck and last night I was back tracking everything I did on the bike and the only thing I never checked was the damn 9 volt battery it was completely drain , I used a " new fresh" one and this time I was able to set my throttle positions :thumbsup:

PS:Thanks ICEMAN.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Birdman said:
Look at it like this. Say your bike on, and without any throttle is saying 3% throttle on the PC software. Is it at 3%? No, BUT at the 3% throttle section of the map, it is adding or removing fuel based on that throttle position. So basically it is aligning the correct throttle position with the corresponding position of the PC map. I'm crap at explaining things like this though sorry. lol So, "with 9v battery connected", turn bike on, open the "throttle position settings" in the USB software. with the throttle untouched (closed) press the closed tab. Then open the throttle to it's maximum, and press "open" You're done. You'll see when you do it, if it was right or not, as when you open the software, the TP will be at 0, or 2 or -1 or whatever, and same goes for WOT. It'll be at 98% or 103% or whatever. BUT oncew you press the closed and open, then get out of that screen, you'll see it go from exactly 0-100% from closed to wide open. Have fun.
A truly excellent description and completely true. When I installed my Sato full w/PC III, I didn't check after loading the map. On my 1st ride I had terrible lean surging at part throttle and a ton of backfire off throttle. Went home, adjusted the closed setting (haven't gotten around to the open setting yet) to 0% (it was at 3%) and the thing runs perfect now.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Off topic sorta:
When i first got my PC 3, I had an akra slipon. I downloaded the map from the PC website. I put it on the dyno and it pulled 146 hp. I then disconnected the PC and re ran on the dyno and put down 150 hp. Take it for what its worth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts