Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a PCIII a little while ago and the first thing I noticed is the bike takes much longer to start when cold. Just wondering if anyone had some insight as to why this would be, as the map I am using has no adjustment at anything below 1500rpm, or 0% throttle.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I installed a PCIII a little while ago and the first thing I noticed is the bike takes much longer to start when cold. Just wondering if anyone had some insight as to why this would be, as the map I am using has no adjustment at anything below 1500rpm, or 0% throttle.
My 06 ran Ivan's map and it was a lil harder to start the first time of the day. I think the map might be a lil rich off idle.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My '05 was hard to start after I installed the PC III. If I press the start button immediately after turning the key to run, while the pump is still priming, it starts up quicker than if i wait until after the pump stops.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My 06 ran Ivan's map and it was a lil harder to start the first time of the day. I think the map might be a lil rich off idle.
+1, once it's warm it starts up immediately. If it's cold it takes a bit longer to start.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I noticed my 04 did the same thing after the pcIII install - its just the first start of the day.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Even harder with the ignition module. FI blinks sometimes at start up after pressing the start button, and engine wont start. Ignition key off and back on solves this erratic problem
Dynojet software bugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts