Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me how to set the throttle position on a PCIII?

i remember Ivan walked me throught it a couple years ago but i cant remember what all he did. i just remember it was kind of confusing.

you set the idle, then he had me turn the kill switch off, and then back on real quick, and then twist the throttle open and shut real fast, then hit the wide open tab.

then started it up and looked at some percentage bar...but i dont remember where.

anyone familiar with how he did that...or any other advise for setting the throttle position.

thanks

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Its very straight forward, turn the engine on let it idle, use the software to set the voltage for zero throttle , whatever the number reads is what you should input.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its very straight forward, turn the engine on let it idle, use the software to set the voltage for zero throttle , whatever the number reads is what you should input.

so you are just setting the closed throttle position and not setting the 100% open position?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ive yet to start up my bike with newly installed PCIII and IgnModule. Do I need to set the throttle position like you're saying upon initial start up?:heyyou::heyyou:

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can just open that throttle position screen, reset values, open throttle to the stop, back to 0, then hit ok. If you want to just set closed click the arrow beside the value at idle, same for wide open...

·
Registered
614 Posts
As above, you shouldn't need the engine running to be able to set the TPS, bit the ingition needs to be on. The TPS is mounted on the hand actuated butterflies, hence having the bike on / off makes no difference. Simply set to 0 when it's sitting there, then do WOT for 100%. You're done. The software practically talks you through it.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
The engine has to be running on the 05 for sure , it wont read TPS until the motor turns, unless you plug in the Aux 9v battery.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You need to set both fully open and close.Don't worry about using battery.You just need to open and close throttle quickly.Start up bike,plug usb cord into bike and computer, open Power Commander software,click on Power Commander tools,click on set throttle position,click on reset.Now quickly fully open then fully closed throttle.Click ok.
At idle throttle should read 0%.........your done.

·
Registered
742 Posts
You need to set both fully open and close.Don't worry about using battery.You just need to open and close throttle quickly.Start up bike,plug usb cord into bike and computer, open Power Commander software,click on Power Commander tools,click on set throttle position,click on reset.Now quickly fully open then fully closed throttle.Click ok.
At idle throttle should read 0%.........your done.
If you dont do this QUICKLY enough you´ll be hitting the rev limiter in neutral:cool:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can hit the kill switch after you set the closed throttle just long enough to kill the engine and then turn it back on quickly...they open the throttle wide open, close it quick, then set 100% position.

there was some other stuff ivan did after that that i dont remember thogh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts