Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys, I searched the site over and could not find a definitive answer to a few questions:
1)Can the PCIII be uninstalled and your bike returned to its original settings by simply removing the device?

2)Can a map be downloaded with the stock settings or is all zero's in all fields, stock?

3) I have a 2005 ZX10, do I need to download the rough idle utility?

4)I assume this unit does not replace your existing ECU, but rather work in conjunction with?

I just got the Muzzy slip on and I plan to pick up the PCIII and use the DK slip-on map and DJ accelerator pump utility.

thanks

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
1. Yes

2. The instructions that come with the PC will answer that

3. Dunno

4. Yes

5. Moved

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
K10 said:
sorry guys, I searched the site over and could not find a definitive answer to a few questions:
1)Can the PCIII be uninstalled and your bike returned to its original settings by simply removing the device?

2)Can a map be downloaded with the stock settings or is all zero's in all fields, stock?

3) I have a 2005 ZX10, do I need to download the rough idle utility?

4)I assume this unit does not replace your existing ECU, but rather work in conjunction with?

I just got the Muzzy slip on and I plan to pick up the PCIII and use the DK slip-on map and DJ accelerator pump utility.

thanks
1. Yes
2. Yes & Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes, it is a piggyback system that intercepts the signals from the ECU to the injectors, adjusts them and sends them on again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi K10 ;if you can post your observed or measured results.

I am debating between the Muzzy slip on and the full system...I am favoring the full system so far.

Thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
salsa1 said:
Hi K10 ;if you can post your observed or measured results.

I am debating between the Muzzy slip on and the full system...I am favoring the full system so far.

Thanks.

I have not dynoed for any performance numbers. I'm happy with the sound of the slip-on, however having had a full system on my 9, I think a full system sounds a little better. Then again, it just may be me. I have only ridden it for a couple hours with the new slip on and it seems to be slightly more sluggish on the low-end but mid and high seemed fine. I'm sure I can further fine tune this with the PCIII when it comes. I went round and round on this topic and many may argue, but I just couldn't see paying that much more money for the full system on a bike that already has a lot of power (more than I need for the street). Knowing that I could fine tune (or leave it alone) the slip-on was enough to keep me happy. I got the Muzzy (stainless), carbon fiber slip-on from parts411 for 420 shipped. Half the price of the full system .
You have to ask yourself do you want an exhaust for higher performance or better sound?
good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts