Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 zx10. I recently installed a K&N air filter, and an akrapovic slip on. I'm debating on whether or not to install a PCIII. Will I be able to feel the power? How hard is it to install? I've been tryin to do my homework on this piece of gear but I'd rather talk to rider's that are running them on their bikes instead. Can someone please help a brotha out?!.

Hec

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I have an 06 zx10. I recently installed a K&N air filter, and an akrapovic slip on. I'm debating on whether or not to install a PCIII. Will I be able to feel the power? How hard is it to install? I've been tryin to do my homework on this piece of gear but I'd rather talk to rider's that are running them on their bikes instead. Can someone please help a brotha out?!.

Hec
Its not so much the power ull feel but the smoothness will be a dramatic change as long as you get a custom map done along with the installation of the power commander. Not that hard to install, a newb could do it in an hour or less i'd imagine...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I went from stock to akra slipons and bmc filter and low end really went to pieces on the bike..along with some mid range problems. I don't know if you've noticed it's alot harder with pipes to pull away from a stop.

The PC transformed the bike and I just used the map for that setup from PC website. Had the settings checked by a dynojet approved tuner and he said map was ok though could be tweaked (which I'll do later this year)

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I went from stock to akra slipons and bmc filter and low end really went to pieces on the bike..along with some mid range problems. I don't know if you've noticed it's alot harder with pipes to pull away from a stop.

The PC transformed the bike and I just used the map for that setup from PC website. Had the settings checked by a dynojet approved tuner and he said map was ok though could be tweaked (which I'll do later this year)
dynojet maps are rich as hell, just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
477 Posts
They are not rich as hell as a rule, they may be richer than what your bike needs, due to the map being written for another bike. Any dynojet tuning centre is gonna custom map your bike to what Dynojet suggest they map it to, so why would they then go and make RICH maps themselves? LOL It's just that each bike is different, if you have used one that was rich for your bike, then so be it, but it may not be for every bike and that is my point.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
They are not rich as hell as a rule, they may be richer than what your bike needs, due to the map being written for another bike. Any dynojet tuning centre is gonna custom map your bike to what Dynojet suggest they map it to, so why would they then go and make RICH maps themselves? LOL It's just that each bike is different, if you have used one that was rich for your bike, then so be it, but it may not be for every bike and that is my point.
im not gonna argue with you because its a lost cause, but i understand why they would make them so rich, just to protect their own ass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts