Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the PC and when I tried to view my map I get an error saying it failed to communicate. If I use the 9v battery adapter I can communicate and get the values that are loaded into the PCIII. I read on powercommander.com that some bikes need to be running in order to communicate with the software, is this the case with the 10r? Like I said I know the map is in there because using the 9V battery and get map, it told me it has a map loaded and the bike shows power to the PCIII. Just a little annoying. I'm not a big PC fan but I figured I'd give it a go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Make sure you use a new 9 volt battery. I took one out of my junk drawer and the PC would not communicate. Went to the store bought a new one and all was well.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It communicates with the 9v, just doesn't when it is on the bike. I'm guessing the map is in there because I sent it there with the 9v and hooked it up to the bike. The bike and PC both have power...i better be able to feel a difference or I will know something is up.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Not that you haven't already, but you might want to be sure you have a good ground. Seems to be a lot of people with troublesome PCIIIs that turn out to be nothing more than a bad ground.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
when i installed mine i would get the "no powercommander " thing and i think i tried turning off the computer program,then turning ignition on(bike not running) and restarting the powercommander program . then it worked. i think it shows your serial# or something.try fiddling with the order you boot the program, install the usb, turn on ignition etc.

my bike was completly different when i started it with the new map. different idle and everything, but it was a map for arata full/bmc.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bike has to be running to work, I got the serial number thing but a failed to communicate. When I started the bike and opened the software there was my map...then i zeroed the map and clicked get map and my map was back...I guess for me it is just working this way.

Man, the bike is stronger with this thing. I might have to say besides the 16T this is the best mod I've done yet.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
how much did you guys pay for your pc?

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
pc=power commander not personal comp

·
Registered
46 Posts
BNninja said:
I installed the PC and when I tried to view my map I get an error saying it failed to communicate. If I use the 9v battery adapter I can communicate and get the values that are loaded into the PCIII. I read on powercommander.com that some bikes need to be running in order to communicate with the software, is this the case with the 10r? Like I said I know the map is in there because using the 9V battery and get map, it told me it has a map loaded and the bike shows power to the PCIII. Just a little annoying. I'm not a big PC fan but I figured I'd give it a go.
You don't have the USB cable plugged in all the way on the powercommander...

jack

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Not sure about the 04's but on the 05 the bike has to be running. I already went through this problem on mine and this is what I found. When the ignition is turned on the commander works while the fuel pump is priming. As soon as the fuel pump quits prime the commander shuts back off. The only way to make it work is to have the bike running or use the battery. Power up the commander first then the program. The adapter does kind of "pop" into the commander. Got mine for $260.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts