Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I have a 08 ZX10R with a BMC Race filter and M4 GP slipon. I also have a Healtech X-Tre. I have been running this setup for a little over a year now. I noticed on decel the bike would pop so I bought some Ivans block off plates. These helped for a little while but the popping is getting more persistent. I know the bike is running a little lean. My question is "Do I need a PCV, PCIII, or something equivalent?" I dont want to spend $300-$400 dollars on a PCV and AutoTune if I dont need to but I also want to ensure my bike is running good and the engine wont wear sooner than later. Also, for those of you that have either of these installed, do I need to take it to a shop for tuning or can I just use one of the pre programmed maps since my modifictaions are minimal? Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
iv an 07 with a TRE and as soon as i installed it it started to pop, iv also got a BMC RF in but this went in after the TRE and the popping didnt get any worse so maybe its a TRE thing!!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
If you don't mind the bike as is, dont worry about it! Only thing down the road it could cause problems running the bike lean or rich. I say if you can spend the money on a pc,bazzaz its worth every penny, that is if you care about the longevity of your engine!

I had that slip on about 2 years ago, great sound but was down on power and low to mid-range power was horrible. Go buy your self a pc and get a custom tune & you will want to kick yourself in the nuts for not doing it long ago:lol:

Good luck

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you don't mind the bike as is, dont worry about it! Only thing down the road it could cause problems running the bike lean or rich. I say if you can spend the money on a pc,bazzaz its worth every penny, that is if you care about the longevity of your engine!

I had that slip on about 2 years ago, great sound but was down on power and low to mid-range power was horrible. Go buy your self a pc and get a custom tune & you will want to kick yourself in the nuts for not doing it long ago:lol:

Good luck
Thnaks for the advice. I dont have the money to spend on it right now but hopefully real soon I can get it and take it to my local shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts