Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions for my Power Commander III starts by stating "Prop the front of the fuel tank up". Is this possible without removing the steering stabilizer or anything else beneath the tank? I've got no issue with doing this, but I think it's funny that DynoJet makes that sound so........NO BIG DEAL. Thx

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Bolts at the front of the tank must come out before the tank can be lifted and then proped up. The install is a hell of a lot easier if you remove the tank altogether. Not a lot of room to work with under the tank.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, just yank the tank off so your not tip toeing around it. Much easier in the end, might prevent a scratch from working around it. If not, you do need to remove the stabilizer and prop the tank up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bolts at the front of the tank must come out before the tank can be lifted and then proped up. The install is a hell of a lot easier if you remove the tank altogether. Not a lot of room to work with under the tank.
:+1: Couldn't have said it better.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It may drip a couple of drops, but it will not leak out. Once you disconnect the hose from the metal rail, you'll be just fine.

·
Banned
131 Posts
careful with the red lock clip on the fuel line....i didnt get mine back all the and leaked alittle, as far as the the security bolts on the dampner all you need to do is remove one bolt and swing the dampner around the mount

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx for the input everyone. Kinda figured that's what I was going to have to do. I just like the way DynoJet's instructions state to just "prop the tank up". Makes it seem as though all you have to do is remove the bolt by the front seat and prop it up. This will be good anyway. I can put my K&N air filter on as well. Be safe everyone.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts