Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. installed the PCIIIusb over the weekend and tried a couple of maps. The thing I noticed first is that the bike shifts much smoother and precise, I can only attribute this to more responsive throttle control. Clutchless up shifts are so much better and downshifts are smoother due to the engine response to the slightest throttle input, I can actually blip the throttle now whereas before there was to much delay. Power on the bottom end seems unchanged but crisper but midrange and top end are a huge improvement... the bike just keeps pulling hard and the front wheel comes up in 3rd on a crack of the throttle alone. Short shifts feel great, just letting the torque do the work. The 9000-10000 rpm hit is insane and redline arrives much quicker now.

Me happy.... :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I am considering a power commander for my 04. Do you have a pipe or slip-on on this bike or the stock exaust? Also were did you get your maps? I was going to buy my power commander from Ivan and use his map.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZX10Rip said:
I am considering a power commander for my 04. Do you have a pipe or slip-on on this bike or the stock exaust? Also were did you get your maps? I was going to buy my power commander from Ivan and use his map.
Do IT!!. I have a custom Akro Evo slip on that I bought from El D . Maps are available on the PC website for free and you can also find custom maps on this and other forums. You can also take a map and customize it yourself ,it's very easy with the supplied software. Ivans maps are supposedly good and are included in the purchase price (?).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts