Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy was telling me that he had talked to a couple bike shops and they told him that the PCIII only maps either your high or low end and not both?? They said it only controls 4 of the 8 injectors and that there is a new better computer that does it all??? Any help is appreciated before I buy a PCIII.......thanks

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just checked their site and Bazzazz has them for the '06-'07. Damn...if nobody else takes the plunge I may even though I'm leaning towards a PCIII at this point.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I just checked their site and Bazzazz has them for the '06-'07. Damn...if nobody else takes the plunge I may even though I'm leaning towards a PCIII at this point.
They have had them listed for some time on their website, but are they actually shipping them yet?

Somebody with a AKra or other pipe with a bung already welded needs to try this out.

JJ

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Theres a seller on ebay that has them for 369 obo. Id buy from him and low ball him. Let us know what he lets one go for if you use him. BTW the oxygen sensor is another 369 which is ludicrious! One more thing i wanted to add was the bung that you have to have welded in 30-70$ along with the bung (20$)itself.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Theres a seller on ebay that has them for 369 obo. Id buy from him and low ball him. Let us know what he lets one go for if you use him. BTW the oxygen sensor is another 369 which is ludicrious! One more thing i wanted to add was the bung that you have to have welded in 30-70$ along with the bung (20$)itself.
My Akra came with a bung already welded, most Akras do and some other brands but I'm not spending those big buck$ to be the 1st guinny pig when I already have a PC3.

JJ

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya thats it i knew it was a wierd name. I might possable get it but still debating.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My buddy just had a bung welded in his titanium ti force system and paid 70$ for it. I thought that was insane. Thats probably the only thing keeping me back from trying the system out. I might consider it if someone buys my power commander and brand new ignition module.:dontknow:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
My buddy just had a bung welded in his titanium ti force system and paid 70$ for it. I thought that was insane. Thats probably the only thing keeping me back from trying the system out. I might consider it if someone buys my power commander and brand new ignition module.:dontknow:
It definitely may be a good route to go with the new 08 that has 8 injectors where the rest of the 10R line has only 4.

The PC3 has the ability to be customed tuned by linking to the dyno software. Im not sure if most people knows how this works. The dyno and the PC3 are interfaced with a PC cable and the exhaust sniffer stuck up the tail pipe and the dyno operator runs the engine thru a series of different speeds and loads and the dyno computer reads the gases and then custom tunes a map on the spot.

Not sure how the Bazzaz will work if you don't buy his exhaust sensor. The PC3 is tuned in foruth gear ONLY and I think the Bazzaz will have fuel trim for all 6 gears.

I'm going to wait and let someone else try it first. May be some bugs needing worked out and not sure how you build a custom map with Bazzaz, yet.

JJ

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
did some research on gixer.com and read that one of his buddies is helping out with some testing. (possibly still working bugs out) who knows??? I also found out that indysuperbike has the main unit for like 309$ How does that sound?? Come on jimmy.... Pull the trigger...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
First of all the only 10R with eight injectors are the 2008 models. Secondly Factory Pro has had a controller for sometime called the TEKA Fire. It controls bikes that have 8 injectors like some Honda's and Suzuki's and so forth. From what I've been told Dynojet has plans to make a box to control a bike that has 8 injectors. But if I'm not mistaken on the 10R's you do not plug into each injector anyways. You plug into the injector controller. So in theory you can control 8 if the PCIII has that provision. But that's my opinion. Besides lets say you have 8 injectors and a PCIII that only plugs into the 4 mains, the extra injectors are for Hgh RPMS only. That doesn't mean the 4 main injectors cut off when the 4 extra injectors turn on. With the PCIII you can still compensate the main injectors to give you the extra fuel that is needed at top end. You have fuel range tunability trust me. Those guys you talked to really didn't think that statement through did they?

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
First of all the only 10R with eight injectors are the 2008 models. Secondly Factory Pro has had a controller for sometime called the TEKA Fire. It controls bikes that have 8 injectors like some Honda's and Suzuki's and so forth. From what I've been told Dynojet has plans to make a box to control a bike that has 8 injectors. But if I'm not mistaken on the 10R's you do not plug into each injector anyways. You plug into the injector controller. So in theory you can control 8 if the PCIII has that provision. But that's my opinion. Besides lets say you have 8 injectors and a PCIII that only plugs into the 4 mains, the extra injectors are for Hgh RPMS only. That doesn't mean the 4 main injectors cut off when the 4 extra injectors turn on. With the PCIII you can still compensate the main injectors to give you the extra fuel that is needed at top end. You have fuel range tunability trust me. Those guys you talked to really didn't think that statement through did they?
Im sure I said that in the first sentence of Post 9.

JJ

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So my bike (06) only has 4 injectors meaning that the PCIII would be fine correct?? I sceptic on getting the bazzaz also since its new and like ya'll said might need some tweeking. My buddy has a GSXR 1000 so maybe the shop was telling him that because his has 8 ....I dunno :dontknow:. I just know since I put my pipes and BMC filter on my bike looks like a diesel spewing black smoke out the exhaust. I wont be riding it due to winter but i wanna get it done so when it gets nice i can get out there.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
So my bike (06) only has 4 injectors meaning that the PCIII would be fine correct?? I sceptic on getting the bazzaz also since its new and like ya'll said might need some tweeking. My buddy has a GSXR 1000 so maybe the shop was telling him that because his has 8 ....I dunno :dontknow:. I just know since I put my pipes and BMC filter on my bike looks like a diesel spewing black smoke out the exhaust. I wont be riding it due to winter but i wanna get it done so when it gets nice i can get out there.
Powercommander is fine and your 10 has 4 injectors. Some of the gsxr's have 8 injectors.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You will be fine with the PCIII. Even on a bike with 8 injectors you will be fine. Why tune the tope end injectors when you can tune the mains to compensate for whatever you need.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts