Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PCIII vs PC5 Gen 3.

According to the Power Commander site, the PC5 is for 09 bikes onwards.

Is there any difference between the 08 and 09? I'd have thought the PC5 would work on the 08?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I had the same question a few months ago. The power commander v will work with the 08. I actually called dynojet and spoke to someone there who confirmed this. they just came out this the v and decided that 09 should be the cut off year. No other reason.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll be looking at the PC5 then.

Props to Mary too, she gave me the same info.

·
Registered
203 Posts
ditto

My race bike is an 08 gsxr 750, pcv is only for 09 but since they are the same I bought it and everything is fine. just use the 09 map.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I just completed the same PCIII install on an 2008 ZX10R, the vendor made sure to tell my that if I put the PCV on a non-09 If their were any warranty issue Power commander wouldn't honor it. So I went with the PC III big but not bad, Simple install and even easier setup (Map Loading)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry guys, it was a "one time" deal... guy has shop & had customer that ordered a full Akra system, PCIII, etc. for his '08. Customer then crashed bike before he had a chance to bring it in and get system installed; shop owner then just wanted to sell the exhaust, PCIII, & other items.

I found it listed on eBay and was amazed it was still available - I called and asked him about a THOUSAND times if it was a full vs. slip-on.

Got it yesterday and it was as he stated... FULL Akrapovic system never used! Even though I like the look of the lower, short, GP style exhaust like the M4 or Growler, couldn't pass this one up! Plus, this will be my third full Akra system (had one on my '06 636, have one currently on my R6 racebike, and now getting install on this '08 ZX-10:mrgreen:)

Can't wait to feel the difference after install & custom map - I'm sure it will scream!:badteeth:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts