Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got my pc3 in today and installed it on the bike no problem. i then went to install the software and it wont let me. it will let me install the pc5 software but not the pc3 software. :dontknow: i have windows vista. please help... i really want this thing finished tonight!!!!:BangHead:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I downloaded and installed the PC3 software again, just to make sure it wasn't a corrupt file on their server or something, and it worked fine for me. Vista often has problems due to permissions and such. If your user isn't the first one that was created on the computer, you might not have as many permissions.

So... after you extract the .exe, try right-clicking on the file and selecting "Run as administrator". It might ask you for a password to do this.

Also, the safe-mode user "Admin" or "Administrator" will have no problem installing it, but I don't recommend it unless you're an advanced user, because that one has permissions that you don't want to be messing with unless you know what you're doin'.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you can't get it, give them a call and they walk you through it. You might be on hold for a few minutes waiting for a rep to take your call, but they'll set you straight.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i think ill call them. it seemed to download on our upstairs computer just fine... you know... the one that is buried into a desk. so i had to uproot the whole contraption and bring it downstairs to my garage while my laptop was sitting right there. frustrating. still would like to get the software on my laptop though.

so is there a way to download the software from their website??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts