Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004 zx10 supercharged , Pc3 is not connecting , when a 9 volt battery is connected I can get the map but it won't connect to the bike, I got no throttle position or anything, when turned over and running there are no lights on the pc3. Runs like crap crazy rich thick black smoke already fouled plugs once. I thought it was the throttle position sensor so I was going to replace TB and found 2 wires missing on my harness plug to the throttle position sensor so I replaced entire harness for peace of mind, I was sure it would of been that but still the same. The pc3 works, so I'm not sure what to do now. My secondaries and rail are removed along with servos and the plugs are left open. External fuel pump, only thing I moded on harness was extend fan and cam position sensor plugs and jump the kickstand and clutch switches, and has a woodcraft keyless harness

Is my throttle position sensor bad?? I'm not sure what to do first replace the throttle bodies or the pc3, or anything else you can think of.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,973 Posts
2004 zx10 supercharged , Pc3 is not connecting , when a 9 volt battery is connected I can get the map but it won't connect to the bike, I got no throttle position or anything, when turned over and running there are no lights on the pc3. Runs like crap crazy rich thick black smoke already fouled plugs once. I thought it was the throttle position sensor so I was going to replace TB and found 2 wires missing on my harness plug to the throttle position sensor so I replaced entire harness for peace of mind, I was sure it would of been that but still the same. The pc3 works, so I'm not sure what to do now. My secondaries and rail are removed along with servos and the plugs are left open. External fuel pump, only thing I moded on harness was extend fan and cam position sensor plugs and jump the kickstand and clutch switches, and has a woodcraft keyless harness

Is my throttle position sensor bad?? I'm not sure what to do first replace the throttle bodies or the pc3, or anything else you can think of.
So, the PC3 won't even turn on properly with the ignition source and you think your throttle sensor is bad? Man, you gotta take a step back from the bike and look at the big picture.

If the PC3 powers up good on the battery, but won't power up when you turn the ignition on, then you have a power issue. And that has nothing to do with any of the sensors. Check the power to the PC and verify you're getting 12v at the unit before doing anything else.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,973 Posts
I ran it with the 9v in and it still would not connect
Well, I'm even more confused now. How did you power it from the 9v battery and still have it connected to the bike? It uses the same connector for both and you'd never be able to have it read data using the 9v adapter unless you completely rewired the adapter for that purpose.

Secondly, the only thing that would be making a "connection" is your computer to the PC over the USB cable. There's nothing to "connect" to the bike. The sensors and data are all analog. You plug the PC into the bike and it should power on without the need for adapter. The 9v adapter is really only to be used to send and receive maps from a desktop computer with it off the bike. If it won't power up on it's own connected to the bike harness (where all the sensor data comes from), then that's still your first issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's plugged into the bike..I can connect usb and power it on with 9 v adapter, no matter what it will not connect to bike though. If I just plug usb in it will not power on without 9 v

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,973 Posts
It's plugged into the bike..I can connect usb and power it on with 9 v adapter, no matter what it will not connect to bike though. If I just plug usb in it will not power on without 9 v
Yes, that's correct. But that's through the expansion port on the unit. Why won't it power up and turn on without the adapter? Stop worrying about it reading the sensor data. Do you intend to ride around with a 9v battery connected to it all the time??? First figure out why it won't power up on it's own! Then you can worry about the data. The 2 things are probably due to the same thing - a problem in the connecting harness with the PC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I replaced entire harness and literaly checked every wire so it's a connection on the PC or a bad PC, il check that Thanxs

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,973 Posts
Well I replaced entire harness and literaly checked every wire so it's a connection on the PC or a bad PC, il check that Thanxs
If the PC powers up with the adapter, then it's not likely bad. The problem is somewhere in the connecting harness. Did you buy the PC used? Are you sure it's for a ZX-10R?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It ran perfect 2-3 years ago, tore bike apart to streetfighter it and when I put it back on this happened. It may have gotten damaged somehow being moved from one place to the next

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,973 Posts
It ran perfect 2-3 years ago, tore bike apart to streetfighter it and when I put it back on this happened. It may have gotten damaged somehow being moved from one place to the next
Make sure you check all the connectors for bent or pushed pins that would be causing it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sometimes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed......

"Make sure that the pair of large connectors are plugged in-line of the pair of stock fuel injector sub-harness connectors, located at the right rear corner of the engine, and NOT plugged into the ignition coil sub-harness connectors located at the front left corner of the airbox.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research Inc."

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,973 Posts
Sometimes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed......

"Make sure that the pair of large connectors are plugged in-line of the pair of stock fuel injector sub-harness connectors, located at the right rear corner of the engine, and NOT plugged into the ignition coil sub-harness connectors located at the front left corner of the airbox.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research Inc."
No worries. It happens to everyone sometimes. Well, not to me, but everyone else. :badteeth:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts