Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I installed the DynoJet Ignition Module today I plugged it into the PC3. I went to install the pc3 update and firmware from the Ignition CD onto the PC3. According to the directions your supposed to install the 9v battery then click next and follow the direction on the Ignition CD. I figured since everything was hooked up to the bike I wouldn't have to do this and I could just go thro the PC3 soaftware. I opened the PC3 soaftware up and clicked the tab above then the UPDATE FIRMWARE tab via the sub tab. Then nothing. The Map went blank. I looked at my PC3 and there was no light on. So I reboot the Laptop and opened up the PC3 soaftware. NOTHING. I disconnected the 9v and re connecting it after making sure it was 1005 good. NOTHING. I disconnected the usb cord then repluged it in. You can hear that windows sound so it seems to detect it, but not display it. Then I diconnected the pos from the battery for a few minutes. Reconnected and still nothing. Any help on this? At first I was thinking sh!t I fried ths PC3, but apparently thro a google search on another board someone had the same issue and did a reset with out the programmer? They did not say how they did it. How'd they do that? I am going to go back out tomorrow and mess with it. Any ideals?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If the bike is not started the PC3 and Ignition Module will not recieve any power. That is why they tell you to use a 9V battery to power the PC3 and Ignition Module.

·
Registered
753 Posts
This might help you:
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_faqs.aspx

Another point to take into account is that you can´t update your PC3 firmware directly from the Update Firmware option if the firmware version is 1.0.0.19 or lower. In this case you need the programmer and follow precise instructions.
Try reseting the PC3. The procedure is explained in the faqs.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to check out that link, thank you. I know when you turn the key and push the igntion switch down the pc3 turns on and will display on your DJ Screen and or laptop. That's why since I figured I left the 9v and hook up at the house that I could do it that way. Hopefully the FAQ will work. Whatever happens I will update this if I find it there or own my olwn so if this happens to some one else they will know what to do. It sucks when some one says I fixed it, but doesn't say how and next thing you know your creating a new thread that couldv'e been avoided :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the FAQ didn't help much. They don't tell you exactly how to do it. So I joined that other forum really quick; Forum 13x or w/e and replied to the post and pm'd the guy. Hopefully he responds. Or even better, someone here can chime in and help :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know how to get the pc3 back on line (Working), the boot loader?

·
Registered
707 Posts
There is a provision within the PC software to reset it ( if that what you were asking) and if you can get it to communicate in the firstplace.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That does not work. Others have had issues and fixed it but the F'n Fags didn't post on how they did it. They just updated saying I FIXED IT! Well yeaaaaaa for you d!ck. Tell people how you did it in case they have the same issue. :dontknow: It's tickin me off b/c today I had a lot to do with the 10 even tho it's windy.

I called a few dyno certified shops around here and talked to them about what i did this and that and they sound like Fvck Tards. So I said to myself well you know what I know which places I am not going to. Maybe some will say that's unfair but listen you except a shop to know the ins n outs about something if there certified. Especially since this happened a lot before.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That does not work. Others have had issues and fixed it but the F'n Fags didn't post on how they did it. They just updated saying I FIXED IT! Well yeaaaaaa for you d!ck. Tell people how you did it in case they have the same issue. :dontknow: It's tickin me off b/c today I had a lot to do with the 10 even tho it's windy.

I called a few dyno certified shops around here and talked to them about what i did this and that and they sound like Fvck Tards. So I said to myself well you know what I know which places I am not going to. Maybe some will say that's unfair but listen you except a shop to know the ins n outs about something if there certified. Especially since this happened a lot before.
I take it you're not in a good mood right now ??? :dontknow: :lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Post whoring in this thread is not needed.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sorry bro, Try using another laptop, ( I ran into this weirdness, where it would not connect back up to it with my new laptop but worked just fine with an old one)

This was amoung the million combinations and permutations I tried before I got it working. which is why I can't remember what worked, (I don't think I knew what worked then either)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry bro, Try using another laptop, ( I ran into this weirdness, where it would not connect back up to it with my new laptop but worked just fine with an old one)

This was amoung the million combinations and permutations I tried before I got it working. which is why I can't remember what worked, (I don't think I knew what worked then either)
o dude i wasn't getting pissy at you. i was refering to the other sites i seen when googling. I appreciate peoples help here, if any. I realize most prolly never had the issue. Sorry if you thought I was pissy at you man :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what was he able to do for you? Did you have the same issue as I? If not what was it? Did he walk you thru some steps to correct it?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I didn´t have the same problem. I get the LCD panel and it wasn´t able to communicate with the PC3 ( I was about to throw it to the trash can..)
He gave step by step instructions and get it solved.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you solve that problem by doing something to the pc3 like reseting it?

Where do you have your LCD mounted? Got a pic ;) there [email protected]

·
Registered
561 Posts
Guys,

This isn't a problem with the laptop, nor is it a problem you can just resolve by going into the PC3 software and resetting it that way.

The O.S. on the PC3 itself (the bootloader) has been corrupted. There is obviously a procedure to reset the PC3 without the use of the DynoJet software or an additional device necessary to reload the bootloader on the device. This thing is what us IT guys call 'BRICKED'. The booatloader (or operating system) on the device has been corrupted, therefore the device will not boot up and accept incoming connections. If only those who ran into this before spoke up about what they've done instead of just saying "n/m I got it working thx" it would be a lot easier for OneSLOW10 to fix this in an expedicious manner.

I feel he has a right to be in a bad mood because it's very hard to find someone who knows what the hell they're talking about and competent in the products and services in which they sell. I myself would get VERY frustrated when someone suggests a reset through the PC3 software after I just got done explaining that the PC3 can't communicate with the laptop!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Did you solve that problem by doing something to the pc3 like reseting it?

Where do you have your LCD mounted? Got a pic ;) there [email protected]
The solution was a firmware update to the PC3, but I must have purchased one of the first 10Rs PC3 as it had a really old firmware and it was sort of tricky to update it. I had to get the programmer and follow the instructions. Everything was fine then.
Ended up not installing the lcd on the bike so far... at least did not went to the trash can:badteeth: Is fancy but useless

Guys,

I feel he has a right to be in a bad mood because it's very hard to find someone who knows what the hell they're talking about and competent in the products and services in which they sell. I myself would get VERY frustrated when someone suggests a reset through the PC3 software after I just got done explaining that the PC3 can't communicate with the laptop!
Thats why my advice to him is to speak to a Dynojet tech. support representative

1 - 20 of 42 Posts