Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
You dont have access to the igniton with a pcv on our ninjas. They havent came out with a seperate im module yet for the pcv. Thats what i know of so far. I wont do without a Im cause its worth 3hp.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You dont have access to the igniton with a pcv on our ninjas. They havent came out with a seperate im module yet for the pcv. Thats what i know of so far. I wont do without a Im cause its worth 3hp.
hey , how you likin that thin head gasket? did you have to do any ignition mods to make it work or just adjust your fuel map?

·
Registered
27 Posts
We use on our Z1000 2004,PCV from ZX10R 08!
We also use,instead of Autotune,the Wideband2 which is the same device with Autotune but you can connect to it a digital gauge to watch live the air fuel ratio.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
I have a PCIIIusb on my bike, and a plain ordinary air/fuel gauge without monitoring, mounted so that I can see it while riding - and so that I can mount a little digital video camera with the speedo/tach and the A/F gauge in view at the same time ... presto, monitoring! Worked for me. You have to guess the throttle position, that's the only minor nuisance.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
hey , how you likin that thin head gasket? did you have to do any ignition mods to make it work or just adjust your fuel map?
I had the thin head gasket installed with the race cams at the same time. Pretty good gain in performance. adding ignition will not change your a/f so you have no worries there. I always retune my bike whenever i make any modifications and only because my good friend runs a bike shop with a dynojet with tuning link.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We use on our Z1000 2004,PCV from ZX10R 08!
We also use,instead of Autotune,the Wideband2 which is the same device with Autotune but you can connect to it a digital gauge to watch live the air fuel ratio.

ya, was thinkin of gettin the wideband 2 instead

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the thin head gasket installed with the race cams at the same time. Pretty good gain in performance. adding ignition will not change your a/f so you have no worries there. I always retune my bike whenever i make any modifications and only because my good friend runs a bike shop with a dynojet with tuning link.

what cams you runnin, if you dont mind me askin

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
kawasaki race intake cam. The one that is discontinued.

·
Registered
27 Posts
dynojet CAN termination plug? whats that and whats it do
Wideband2 has 2 CAN ports on it's side:at the first,we connect the PCV.At the second one we have to connect a small CAN plug that we can order it with the wideband2 from dynojet.
If we don't do this,then the PCV will never recognize wideband2 as an Autotune device.:wink:
Wideband2 is better than Autotune,because you can have a small digital gauge somewhere around the handlebar to watch airfuel ratio live.
So you know all the time that your engine runs perfect and you don't have any problems with spark plugs,fuel pump,etc.You only have to find a place at the exhaust to install the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wideband2 has 2 CAN ports on it's side:at the first,we connect the PCV.At the second one we have to connect a small CAN plug that we can order it with the wideband2 from dynojet.
If we don't do this,then the PCV will never recognize wideband2 as an Autotune device.:wink:
Wideband2 is better than Autotune,because you can have a small digital gauge somewhere around the handlebar to watch airfuel ratio live.
So you know all the time that your engine runs perfect and you don't have any problems with spark plugs,fuel pump,etc.You only have to find a place at the exhaust to install the O2 sensor.
bitchin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts