Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used PC III who supposed to worked, but....

Maybe I do something wrong somewhere,

I connected all the wire etc and the ground. Put the usb cord on the PC III start the computer= nothing ?????

So I put the switch on, on the bike usually with the stock thing the butterfly on the air throttle body jerk a little bit and slightly open, now with the PC III on = nothing.

Open the C file on the computer try to open the file I download from the Dynojet site=nothing except that the computer don't found the program to read the file.

So I just think finally, that maybe originally when you buy a PC III it come with a CD of some sort to download a programm ????

Or maybe I do a stupid thing and bought a used useless PC III.

HELP...............

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Run the engine ????????

Putting the key on wouldn't give any thing ??????

Thanks for the tip I.ll try this afternoon. If it just that........

The 9 volt thing adaptor where I can found it ??????

E bay ?????

·
Registered
50 Posts
when you just turn the key on the green indicator should scroll up once and down once then nothing that's why you need the 9 volt the connector should have been given to you it comes with the unit. I've heard that you can change the maps with the engine running instead though

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Did you make sure that you got the Canadian model PCIII? It's supposed to run on Canadian air only, eh.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi

Super K you made good joke. Air here are as polluted then in your area probably.

The only thing I don't do it's crank the bike with the PC-III on. I just put it out and try the bike with the normal USB to see if the valve adjustment and the Akrapovic crankcase vaccuum still in place. For sure the bike miss gas because it can't pass 7,000 rpm but I suspect the valve on the throttle body for that or the fact that when i put the vacuum I just put out the PCV valve and the connection hook to it are now alone and unplugged but I'll see tonight.

For the PC III I will try to start the bike with the device on it.

But badly when I put the light on the green scroll light just don't come in.

And yes teh FI light are still on but this is created I think (Stock PCU on) by the connection of the PCV valve who now it's not connected to anything.

So i will try other test tonight.

Somebody know where to get the 9 volt adaptor for the PC IIII????????

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
You really need to take your bike to a dealer or a bike mechanic before you make things worse. Just my opinion.

Tread

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O.K I found it

Everything seem to take it's place one after the other.

The problem was for 8'000 rpm limited the f... thing sensor or I don't know the name hook to the throttle body who don't just do his job the flap where just stay close so I do some thing they tell to not do, but hey it wasn't working so. Play with the thing and now it's open the butterfly correctly. Test it and for sur it's not optimal setting with a full system but the case resolved no hesitation hit the red line no problem. It pull hard and everything.

Found the programm on the Dynojet site for the PC III now the only thing I need it's the 9 volts adaptor thing for the PC III, should arrive soon. The guy who sold me the PC III just don't give me the adaptor. And the laptop I got I can't load programm on so I need to wait until the 9 volts adaptor arrive and plugged to my desktop computer.

The exhaust system I got from Akra it's a full race sysstem I figure the can seem short and it's not exactly quiet so.

Wait for the adaptor but the other problem resolved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts