Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dontknow: i searched thru some old posts and couldn't really find an answer to my problem so any advice would be much appreciated.i'm ruunin as yosh rs-3,bmc race,e/v elim. mod,and the dan kyle map with the 1000-1250 range richened 2-3 [email protected] 0 throttle.the 10 feels dead @ mild to low throttle pos. from idle to @ 4200 rpm then hits.kinda like an old flat slide carb when ya whacked it wfo,but i'm only @ low throttle pos.do i need to richen,lean,or accept that that's how the 10 is.any #'s and throttle pos column help pleeeez.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It's simple. That map isn't right for YOUR bike. There is no "this map will work" or not etc, it;'s a matter of trying different maps until you get one you like, OR just stop stuffing around and going through what you are now, and get it custom mapped for what YOUR bike is doing. Problem solved and your bike will be it's best everywhere, low down, off corners, revving out, on/off throttle etc, Everything else is just a compromise. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well, no, not if it wasn't like that before the mods it isn't. To me it sounds like after these mods, and especially the PC (coz the wrong mapping will have the biggest effect, more than the pipe etc if it's wrong) he now has a dead spot. That's the mapping I'm betting.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i understand that a custom map is the true solution,so i have no excuse except i'd like to try and sort the thing myself till i can get the $ for a custom.this map works very well at all other throttle pos and rpm's for a generic/work's for most map.just wondering if anyone had any idears as to the rich vs lean and throttle pos problem.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well, I'd suggest that you maybe try another mpa, if that is great down low, then cut and paste that area of the map into the one you have now, and whoala, you're own custom map. LOL As to if it's too rich now or lean? Easy to tell, add 3 points to the "low" button on your pc, if that helps it? You're too lean. If it is worse, then you're too rich (which is my guess) so just nock it back (make it leaner) by 2 or 3 points from the half way setting and away you go. Hope this helps.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem did get considerably more noticeable after the e/v mod,but the motor seems to rev quicker and respond better to throttle inputs @ more agreesive possitions in lower rpms,if i whack it @ low rpm the flat spot is barely noticeable.so am i running lean or rich @ 1000-4000 rpm @ low throttle oppenings?or am unable to grasp the problem-i.e. timming,or sumthin else?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Birdman said:
Well, I'd suggest that you maybe try another mpa, if that is great down low, then cut and paste that area of the map into the one you have now, and whoala, you're own custom map. LOL As to if it's too rich now or lean? Easy to tell, add 3 points to the "low" button on your pc, if that helps it? You're too lean. If it is worse, then you're too rich (which is my guess) so just nock it back (make it leaner) by 2 or 3 points from the half way setting and away you go. Hope this helps.
thanks , i will try your suggestions,i'm just a bit leary of a to lean condion and burnin my pistons.thanks again!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
It would take awhile for you to burn through your pistons or rings on a N/A motor running a tad too lean. Birdman is right. Quit dickin around with the map yourself, drop some coin and get a custom map.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
oneradten said:
thats the way the inline four is
b.s. :bs: dont listen to that guy. get a custom map for YOUR bike, it will cost $200-300 but your bike will run to its full potential w/ YOUR mods. And thats what its all about.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
ninja2k5 said:
b.s. :bs: dont listen to that guy. get a custom map for YOUR bike, it will cost $200-300 but your bike will run to its full potential w/ YOUR mods. And thats what its all about.
sorry dude but kinda doubt any in line 4 makes as much power at 4 grand as it will at 8 + thats what i thought he was saying .nail your bike from a dead stop does it wheelie instantly?...no not unless u got the revs up and pop the clutch !

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i understand what you are saying...but there is no dead spot on the bike stock. after HIS mods, he's claiming a dead spot....its the map that needs corrected.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
ninja2k5 said:
i understand what you are saying...but there is no dead spot on the bike stock. after HIS mods, he's claiming a dead spot....its the map that needs corrected.
yea a dead spot ,thats in tuning i just thought he was saying moreless lack of power at below 4200 ........we all know the 10r is like a damn 2 stroke :lol: when its on.......its on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
:thumbsup:
oneradten said:
yea a dead spot ,thats in tuning i just thought he was saying moreless lack of power at below 4200 ........we all know the 10r is like a damn 2 stroke :lol: when its on.......its on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
you will not burn a piston, and you'll know right away. If you're worried, make it richer first up. If it is worse then you are sure it's too rich to begin with, but I'm betting it will not be too lean, not at low TP and RPM at those rpm, but all bikes are different, so it may be, hence why you should , when you can, get it done right. let us know how you go.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
richened everything from 1000-4250 rpm @ 0-10% throttle.problem much better/smoother thru 4000 [email protected] partial throttle,still a slight dip in pwr but much better although it pops on decel now which would indicate too rich,and i smell like exhaust when i get done ridin.it's gonna have to work till i get a custom map.any one else reek like rich exhaust after a ride?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I do thanks to a stock open header that runs rich below 4500 rpm. Sounds wicked nasty with the muzzy thin head gasket!

·
Registered
477 Posts
How much did you richen it by? If it's now too rich, just knock it back, and go half way between what you had and have now. See how that goes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts