Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
Im out. I think I have pretty much given up on my track days in exchange for racing karts. Im pretty sure BusaCaptain will be there. Possibly Niner1000 and Enginekilla. Have a great time!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
Did you get hit on the head?
Lol. I know right. I never thought I would stop. But man, it takes me two days to dig everything out and get ready to go. Then a 2.5 hour drive, one way. Then a MAX of two hours ride time (If there are no red flags). Then 2.5 hours back home and two days of unloading, cleaning and putting stuff up. All that for $300.00. Its just at this point not worth it. I can pack a kart and get to the track in less than an hour. Run all day there for $56.00 on a kart that will scare the crap out of you its so fast. Sooooo, all that being said, if you know anyone interested in a very nice GSXR750 let me know.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lol. I know right. I never thought I would stop. But man, it takes me two days to dig everything out and get ready to go. Then a 2.5 hour drive, one way. Then a MAX of two hours ride time (If there are no red flags). Then 2.5 hours back home and two days of unloading, cleaning and putting stuff up. All that for $300.00. Its just at this point not worth it. I can pack a kart and get to the track in less than an hour. Run all day there for $56.00 on a kart that will scare the crap out of you its so fast. Sooooo, all that being said, if you know anyone interested in a very nice GSXR750 let me know.
Wow, you make kart racing sound delicious and really cool, and for a moment I forgot that you speak sacrilege! Is anything about a Japanese race-replica liter bike meant to be convenient? Everything about this beast is a PITA, and yet herds of people continue to flock towards these two wheeled widow makers. You'll be back... you'll be back!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
If I can get a rear tire or someone get me a sweat deal on tires I'll be there. I spent to much on parts this month.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You know what, Cart racing does sound cool as heck, there's a Cart track maybe 30-45 mins from me. I had been looking for it and recently found it a couple weeks ago while out riding my motorcycle, I told my girlfriend about and she's down with it too. Damn man we might be in the same boat. LOL.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You know what, Cart racing does sound cool as heck, there's a Cart track maybe 30-45 mins from me. I had been looking for it and recently found it a couple weeks ago while out riding my motorcycle, I told my girlfriend about and she's down with it too. Damn man we might be in the same boat. LOL.
If you buy my shock I can buy tires for this trackday.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
If you buy my shock I can buy tires for this trackday.
Man, I am super tight on cash right now lol. Moving into a new house or town home end of the month and my girlfriends bday is the 17th. Probably won't be buying anything for the bike until August.
Whip out that credit card man lol

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
Its seriously fun man and 70 on a cart feels like 170 on a bike. Its crazy sketchy feeling. Four g's in the corners. Pretty great stuff. Im still keeping my street bike and honestly if I were only an hour or less from the track I would still do track days but it just too much for me to get there on my own. I have to get up at three am to be at the gate at seven. Its crazy.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Its seriously fun man and 70 on a cart feels like 170 on a bike. Its crazy sketchy feeling. Four g's in the corners. Pretty great stuff. Im still keeping my street bike and honestly if I were only an hour or less from the track I would still do track days but it just too much for me to get there on my own. I have to get up at three am to be at the gate at seven. Its crazy.
That does sound like a rush lol, gonna have to try it out as they have a Kart rental at the track local to me.
And I completely understand your want to get out of trackdays, if I had to get up that early for maybe 2.5 hours of riding I'd be like F'it too lol.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yea the heat was SICK!

Lots of traffic, but it was a good day. That was my second time there on the Kawi. And the first time was all stock. So this was good. Learned a couple things I need to work on.

Wish I had some better rubber to play one. But it was still good. Went faster and feel like I am in better shape for next weekend.

Here's a video from the second session.

https://www.facebook.com/gottrack/videos/1014369441908608/?l=8377671034677868831

1 - 20 of 27 Posts