Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

PBIR 4/26 Roll Call

2K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Niner1000RR 
#1 ·
So who's going?

#6 ·
Finally got my bike back together after my last lowside. Bike went in the grass and flipped into the soft barriers and did some damage. Got my girl to go as well on her ZX6 and another 11 more friends.

#11 ·
I'm gonna bring an a/c for my trialer. Lol

#14 ·
Just got an email stating the track day won't start till 11 am due to a drag race event. Gates still open at 7 though.

#16 ·
It's either that or off ramps and abandoned undeveloped neighborhoods where the put in streets and no houses. Lol

#20 ·
Pleasure meeting you yesterday Steve!

That was my first time on the Kawi, have to say I agree with you guys, awesome bike!

First session out was ROUGH! lol I felt like I was the slowest guy out there, I was happy when I caught someone! LOL Whew... At least I'm not the SLOWEST! LOL

The first session the bike felt high and VERY tight, stiff... So I softened it up... That helped. Each session I dropped at least a second. As it got quicker I was able to start adding some preload back in the forks, slow the compression and the rebound back down some...

Had a couple of struggles, I still have the stock chain/sprockets on the bike, that was KILLING me in those LONG ass T4 and T9. 1st was too low and 2nd was too long. I was getting NO drives!!! There's a LOT of time to be made up in just that change alone.

I also had the TC on the highest setting, first time out I wanted to prevent myself for doing anything stupid... lol And I am impressed how well the TC works! Half way through the day I backed it off to #2 as it was really slowing me down. But now the tire was SMOKED... So it was kicking in even more.

But I was still going faster, so screw it... lol

I was having a bit of issue with understeer, I need to raise the rear, I have it at 309, but think I need it around 312. I was adding some preload and it was helping. So I'm going to raise the rear and put the preload back to 12mm.

I really look forward to riding the bike again!

Next time out though is work, so not sure I'll get much "play time" on it... I'll be at JGP the end of next month.

Had a great time!

#23 ·
I'll be in Ga.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.