Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold a Yosh pipe to a guy on the Kawi board and without ever saying a word to me, no emails, no pm's he starts a dipute with paypal saying he never received the pipe.

I did all the tranaction thru paypal, shipping and all, they sent him and me a tracking number, the number (USPS) says something about being notified of shippment but thats it.

Anyway short of it is I shipped the pipe and now 14 days later he says he didn't get it.

I suspect he might still get it or might have it but you never know.

Do I have any recourse ?

_
Jamie

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Was the pipe shipped USPS Priority Mail? There is usually free delivery confirmation with that services. Go to usps.com and enter the tracking number to check status. Unfortunately, PayPal sides with the customer first -- my buddy dropped them after being boned for a similar situation. You may be able to put in a dispute depending on what you find out with the usps info. hth

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it was shipped M mail whatever that is, I do have a tracking # but it doesn't show any information.

I'll be pissed if I end up loosing my money and the pipe..

This is a lesson I won't be forgetting soon.

-
Jamie

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I hope I'm wrong, but it may very well happen. That's what happened to the buddy of mine -- unfortunately, the piston kit went to Australia... otherwise the person would probably end up getting a knock on their front door. So now my buddy is out a few hundred dollars; expensive lesson. His brother had a similar situation happen, except the parcel was insured. The f'd up thing about is that the customer asked to have the customs declaration dollar amount lowered so that he wouldn't have to pay so much VAT. Now the brother is only going to get back what he declared on the customs forms.

Sorry to hear about it, Jamie... I don't think there is that much you can do, unless you know someone in their area. If the person is seen riding around with your pipe on (then again, they could have gotten a replacement), it's quite possible you got scammed.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
ouch, im sorry to hear that..

i would make it public who the culprit is. ive bought stuff from members here before, and sold stuff to members as well... and its always been smooth.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Pay pal screwed me over....i sold a pioneer dvd player for a car and i got paid thru pay pal and as soon as i sent the guy a tracking number for the dvd player he had pay pal reverse the payment so i was out the $$$ and the dvd player....As far as i saw it they should of gotten both side of the story before just going into my bank account and taking the money out like that

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
PayPal is a fucking joke. Been screwed over 3 times in 5~ years...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Feels like I'm getting scammed by this guy, paypal has nothing to say on my behalf its all buyer protection blah blah blah..

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
They won't either... Your best bet is verify the guys address is correct and find him. You can also use the authorities and file a police report in his town.

For your best results, post where he lives and have someone who lives in his area pay him a... ahem.... visit.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They won't either... Your best bet is verify the guys address is correct and find him. You can also use the authorities and file a police report in his town.

For your best results, post where he lives and have someone who lives in his area pay him a... ahem.... visit.

Thats a good idea, anyone live near Pembroke, MA 02359 ? :idea:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The real problem is the US Post. Delivery Confirmation is NOT a tracking number. It only says a package has been picked up and then delivered. No info in the middle. I just got hit again with a shipment of sliders to Canada. I cant even do Delivery Confirmation to them. The buyer says he never got them now almost 2 months later. You have to give the PO 1 month to deliver before they look into it. Then they take 1 month to come back saying they do not know where it is. So I had to ship out a second set. I will always take care of my customers and try to fix with the PO.

Needless to say with this last round and the recent jack in rates, I created a Fed-Ex and UPS account. USPS used to be cheaper. Now its all the same.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While I understand something getting lost in the mail I don't understand how or why paypal takes one stand on it... Buyer protection, no two ways about it they take the buyers side and thats that.
I called and spoke with them and they won't offer any other terms, I pay and loose THE END !
Fuck em, I'll never use them again ! And I won't pay, they can take the money from my cold dead hands.
-
Jamie

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a fender for a honda dream that took 7 weeks to get to me. It was coming from the US to Canada. I followed it up with the tracking number. It just took a shit load of time. I usually don't panik until about the 3-5 week range.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It was a scam. I had some fuc* try to do that with some break pads. And I had another dude do that with a service manual. He was like " I never got it". I told him to file a claim, but he never did. Which reminds me, there is a website I'd like to share with everybody. It is not work safe, but It has info on how scams are done, along with other "fun" things. www.totse.com

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I think the reason paypal takes the side of the buyers is because there are more shifty sellers than buyers. In forums we see all the time, photos of other peoples ride with for sale ads, or prices that are too good to be true etc.

I wonder if Paypal system would ever crash and if anyone would come up with something better. Hmmmm maybe I try to find a new online transaction method so I can be a billionaire!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update, USPS confimed that the package was deliverd and now paypal still won't drop the complaint.. Go figure !

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Latest update, they dropped the issue but this guy continues to insult me and state complete lies.
I'm done with him, if anyone know a guy named Alex with the user name 06ZX6r on the Kawi forums kick him in the balls for me.
The updates are in the for sale section under 05 Yosh 636 pipe for sale, I kept it public so he wouldn't get away with screwing me.

-
Jamie

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Then you are one of the few lucky ones... No PayPal for me!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts