Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problems with Paypal and Paypal notice emails latley.

I have had nothing but good things to say about Paypal in the past. I have 2 accounts with them and have always gotten the email notices when a payment is sent. Well in the last week I have had several notices either not get thru or are being captured by Hotmail's junk filter.

Just wondering if something has changed. Paypal says it must be Hotmail. Hotmail says its Paypal. Grrrrrrrr........ I bet I changed something when I changed my personal banking, I just dont know what. lol

Any ideas.

Gripe over.:dontknow:

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
champ91 said:
Anyone else having problems with Paypal and Paypal notice emails latley.

I have had nothing but good things to say about Paypal in the past. I have 2 accounts with them and have always gotten the email notices when a payment is sent. Well in the last week I have had several notices either not get thru or are being captured by Hotmail's junk filter.

Just wondering if something has changed. Paypal says it must be Hotmail. Hotmail says its Paypal. Grrrrrrrr........ I bet I changed something when I changed my personal banking, I just dont know what. lol

Any ideas.

Gripe over.:dontknow:
Call 'em up on the phone and get it taken care of....

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Just last week some tool tried to rip off 3900 bucks from me through paypal. They blocked the transaction therefore they are okie dokie with me.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy said:
Just last week some tool tried to rip off 3900 bucks from me through paypal. They blocked the transaction therefore they are okie dokie with me.
like i said ZERO problems till now. This is more a nusance (sp) than anything else. I just want the notices to get thru to me quicker.

·
Registered
828 Posts
watch out!! those emails might be spammers looking to get your account info! i've gotten them from paypal as well as ebay, i don't use either anymore.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I just went back through my recent purchases and it seems that Paypal has sent all my notices in a timely manner. I use my local ISP for email so I'm clueless about what role Hotmail might play in your troubles. When going to My Account at the Paypal website are the trasactions posted there right away?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sounds like spammers. Happened to me. Just a few tips:

If you get one of the notices...don't click on any of their links provided. Go to Paypal and log in manually.

Any notice you get should have your name in it as opposed to "Dear Member" or "Valued Customer" etc.

Look at the address, if there are extra letters and stuff in it it's probably fake. Paypals addresses are usually pretty simple and has the word paypal.com in it and not all that other silly stuff attached to it.

Paypal will never send you an e-mail or link asking you to verify your password or account # through e-mail.

AFMEDIC

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
SPAM , delete that shiat , I get Earthlink, paypal, citibank and all kinds o stuff in my spam folder, but when you look at the senders address you will see its just crap, DO NOT REPLY.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I used paypal yesterday and didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks liek i figured it out. Somehow got Paypal emails set up as Junk mail. I removed it from the filter and almost immediatley got 3 notices. I'll still be doing more checks to make sure its working properly, but looks good so far.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
And they are genuine Paypal emails ?? be careful dude theres a lot of phony Paypal emailers out there wanting account info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts