Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a Paypal account holder for over 8 years. Buy/sell via these forums and eBay.

Few weeks back I get an email regarding a purchase I made back in February for about $250. I purchased a Suomy Gambler helmet from a forum member. Apparently the word "gambler" flagged the paypal police. (like someone using paypal to pay a gambling debt would actually use the word in their transaction).

Anyway, I explained to them what it was and never heard back. Last week I sent another email asking the outcome of the inquiry. No response. This morning I get an email that states my account has been suspended and "limited use" because "we see that you are still using your website to sell items listed on the "unacceptable use policy"...

I don't own a website, and the only monies I've received have been via eBay. I stated my case, no response from paypal. I called and talked to a paypal rep, she told me she couldn't help and if they decided to close my account, there was nothing I could do. I'm frustrated because all this is happening and I can't get anyone from paypal to tell me anything, or show/tell me what I'm "illegally selling"..

anyone else go thru this BS?

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Yeah...I got screwed around by them and had to close my account....call them...I had to close my bank account and open a new one too....never use them again for sure....it someone doesn't take a CC, then I won't buy from them...

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Call them back and talk to a supervisor. If you have the transaction number or auction number that might help. Also, ask them what the URL is for "your" website. Good luck.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**UPDATE**

got a call from a Supervisor at Paypal. She told me the item in question was the "Tommy Gun" I sold, and that firearms are not allowed to be sold via the internet, and paypal cannot accept payments for such items.. lol

I listened to her go thru the script, then I asked her "what are the chances that a "tommy gun" was a motorcycle helmet? (i also added that the term "tommy gun" hasn't been a reference to a firearm since the 1930's).

She said she would be suprised if a "motorcycle helmet" would cost more than $400... hehe. I walked her thru the link and she was satisfied. She laughed a bit, then said she would lift the ban, and maybe be more careful about using "key words" that make trigger this type of response. So watch out how you talk on paypal, the fuzz may come get ya.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Good to see it worked out. Even with the flaws and faults, PayPal is a pretty good service.
Still curious about "your" website though.
:thumbsup:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
good thing you got it sorted out, but next time, just call once or twice and hour(YES I KNOW this can waist a day, do on a day off where you have nothing to do or what not) and try to resolve it, they keep records of the calls and will enventually notice you called 20-30 times and mention you have a whole week to call all day to get this resolved and that you don't want to call 300 times in the next few days since it cost them thier time and money, but be polite.

that technique works EVERYTIME for me, no laws about calling to get inquiries LOL :crackup: :crackup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts