Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a reason why paypal has no direct competition? I've just been successfully scammed by a fellow in France, largely due to paypal's bias towards buyers and I've had just about enough of their "service".

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
paypal has it made because they are now owned by ebay and therefore they are the only method of payment allowed for most stuff sold on ebay. The best way to go around paypal is to use money orders or escrow. But both methods still leave loopholes for fraud, so most buyers wont even buy your stuff if you dont take paypal.
I've been burned on paypal deals as seller a couple times, but it has also saved me as a buyer a couple times. One other thing you can do, is make sure you follow all of the paypal rules for "seller protection". Im not sure about international, but I know domestic ebay sales are usually covered and the seller can make a claim to get reimbursed for the loss. Have fun!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
No alternatives except certified check or money order but buyers won't use those because their not protected. Which is unfortunate because they will always side with the buyer based on their word alone.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Is there a reason why paypal has no direct competition? I've just been successfully scammed by a fellow in France, largely due to paypal's bias towards buyers and I've had just about enough of their "service".
What happened? Kind of curious on what the circumstances were so we can all protect ourselves if the same situation arises.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts