Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone knows if the pause on upshift 1st to 2nd to 3rd and so on around 4000 rpm of course 0% throttle on shift then about 10% throttle and clutch out about a 1 second pause is it due to lean or rich condition and yes with pc3 would really appreciate any input thank you very much in advance:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you Ivan i will take a look at manual n try to trouble shoot hope its not a damaging problem thanks again for your time

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well realized my 10 is not ca and does not have the emissions on it have a tre on it wondering if running lean never remapped after install of the tre any thoughts? and now with the temperature drop in dis desert hmmm maybe air more dense?:dontknow:

·
Registered
333 Posts
All ZX10's have fuel cut on decell above 4000 rpm.... Are you using my TRE?

What year is your ZX10?

When you reapply the throttle, is there a slight backfire?

Just trying to find out if it's fuel cut that you are feeling.

Ivan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey ivan thanks again for your time and its a 2006 zx10 the zx1000d6f model and yes your tre but got it from a friend who removed his secondaries and didnt want to use it think he was happy with that mod alone and i wasnt going to pass that up and no backfire on accel but on decel 4000rpm and down slight popping and sometimes jerky

·
Registered
333 Posts
Most likely this is a mapping issue.... if you have a PC3, you can pull a bunch of fuel away in the small throttle openings and make it a lot smoother in that area (going on and off the throttle).

All ZX10's pick up too much fuel at tiny throttle openings in the cruising range.... this makes the throttle "jerky", but not as bad as fuel cut.

Since you have the TRE, you don't have fuel cut anymore.

Ivan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx again ivan will try to lean it on lower throttle and might have a problem though might be a 2006 zx14 tre now im really worried just found out and not sure if i should just remove it because did some research and different programs in ecu's or am i wrong? i asked a tech and he told me would be fine but cant see how it would work the same. i seen the same voltages on gps schematics on both but from what i researched different design and restrictions altogether thanks again and very much appreciate your time

·
Registered
333 Posts
ZX14 TRE-008 should not be on your bike.... fuel cut will be present.

TRE-006a won't work because the connector is wrong.....

You need TRE-009 for ZX10 2006 & up. :smile:

Ivan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts