Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know many of us came from a ZX9R to a 10R. I know we always rave about that old ZX9R and many think we are just blowing smoke. Well Next months SportRider received today in the mail did a 5 page review of Great SportBikes of the Past. I scanned the last page which gives a good overview how Potent that ZX9R with Little mods. I ran the 1998/99 model will Full Muzzy System I bought used for $300, Factory Jet Kit just over $100 and 520 conversion I do anyways including the 10R. Enjoy the Scan :thumbsup:

Bloo

Reactions: MagicMavis

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to see a review of the 98-99 ZX9R compared to the new R-1...BTW I had a 98 9R
I can give a Personal Review racing one in 99 and it was a good old arse spanking. :spankbw: :mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use to run the ZX9 engine in a ZX7 chassis and even once had a nitrous and turbo kit on them. They were bullit proof motors. Thanks for the scan, I enjoyed reading it.
No problem, just received the mag this morning and haven't read the whole 5 pages yet I'm a little slow even though I ride a 10R .. :lol: If I find after reading it some other pages are interesting as well I will try and scan those as well. :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I had a '94 ZX9R ... fast, comfortable couch. Great bike. I kept it 10 years and 118,000 km.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had a '94 ZX9R ... fast, comfortable couch. Great bike. I kept it 10 years and 118,000 km.
:eek2:That's crazy miles on a bike! I had a '99 with a '00 motor. It was beat to hell by the previous owner but still ran great. Good post!:thumbsup:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Can you scan the rest of that, my old bike is in it. I submited pics and mods several months back. Kinda ironic that my old 9R can get in a magazine and no one wants my 10R's in their magazine:bs:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you scan the rest of that, my old bike is in it. I submited pics and mods several months back. Kinda ironic that my old 9R can get in a magazine and no one wants my 10R's in their magazine:bs:
I am thinking I should the other parts of the Story tells not only the story of the 9R but it's history compared to others and Kawi as a whole....standby. :wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
added the whole Mag Review just click on the link and click on the article to Zoom in. :thumbsup:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Just got back from Barnes And Noble, they left out 90% of the details on my old bike and I guess they mistook my being form La, as L.A, but oh well, still counts I guess:thumbsup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Glad you guys liked my article. Thanks for all of your help and info putting it together.

Make sure you contact the mag and let them know if you like the series and want it to continue.

Or if you have other ideas you can PM me directly. I am always lookin for good article ideas.

Thanks

don

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you guys liked my article. Thanks for all of your help and info putting it together.

Make sure you contact the mag and let them know if you like the series and want it to continue.

Or if you have other ideas you can PM me directly. I am always lookin for good article ideas.

Thanks

don
A quick link to contact will help. I am sure this site will respond in #s to show how much we enjoyed your article. :thumbsup:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,251 Posts
Good article. Read it yesterday while working on a duece in the bathroom. Congrats to 9R to 10R for making into the mag! I thought that green bike looked familiar, but I though he was from the southest, not Cali. :lol: Good read anyway!

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Have you guys seen the latest Sport Rider mag?
I havent read it yet, but I thought I saw the 9 featured.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts