Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I set a password for individual drives or even specific folders? For instantance, 4 guys on our router network, i have my main computer and laptop shared, but only one drive on my main and certain folders on my laptop. but, i want a it to require a password each time the folder is accessed. How do i do this?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I'd right click on a certain folder, and b/w the sharing and the security settings...:dontknow:

·
Registered
764 Posts
If you're running XP, you'll need to turn off simple file sharing. Don't know why Microsoft makes this thing a default and recommended. It's more of a pain in the a$$ than anything. To do this, open an explorer window by right clicking on My Computer and selecting Explorer from the drop down menu. When Explorer comes up, click on Tools and then Folder Options. Click the View tab and scroll down in the Advanced Settings till you see the simple file sharing check box at the bottom of the list. Uncheck this. Just click Ok to them. Now, when you right click on a drive, folder, or file, you'll see a sharing and security option. Click on this and you'll see a pop up window that has tabs for sharing and security. Now you can specifically define the shares and the users who can access it with what ever rights you want to set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts