Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has came out to the good parting out a perfectly good bike, as in not wrecked, rashed, blown up, etc... All I'm getting is low ball offers on the 636. The crazy thought of parting it out came to mind, but I'd hate to do that and end up getting less out of it than I would if I sold it rideable. I'm not very serious about parting it out, but I am curious...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
El Diablo said:
Just wondering if anyone has came out to the good parting out a perfectly good bike, as in not wrecked, rashed, blown up, etc... All I'm getting is low ball offers on the 636. The crazy thought of parting it out came to mind, but I'd hate to do that and end up getting less out of it than I would if I sold it rideable. I'm not very serious about parting it out, but I am curious...
Man-o-man, you will spend more personal time going the parting route.

Have you tried Ebay & CycleTrader? Again, I sold my 1 year old R6 last September with very little loss (say less than $2,000).

I would say there is someone out there dying for a clean bike such as yours... you just need to get the right add and pic's out there to find that guy/gal.

PS - avoid showing stuff like this
http://www.circusnuts.com/zx10_mess_1.jpg
http://www.circusnuts.com/zx10_mess_2.jpg
http://www.circusnuts.com/zx10_mess_3.jpg

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
well the 600's aren't the bike to do it with.. The busa however is a bike that is always best sold piece by piece..there is a huge aftermarket for those bikes though..
heck your can get about $6000 out of a clean frame/title and a motor kit on a busa..then you still have a lot of things to sell.
I think the biggest problem with parting things is the time involved and all the shipping of parts..I'd probaly force the bike on a trade..In Indiana you only have to pay sales tax on the difference between trade value and the new bike. So you may not come out too bad going that route. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
There was a guy on ebay who regularly parts out good bikes. He always seems to do pretty good. His favorite seems to be the R6 which was a pretty common squidly bike and gets crashed pretty often.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Hang in there El D!! Just remember that there is an ass for every seat! If I had the dough I'd take it off your hands f'sho. Just advertise it everywhere you can think of.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Not only is it too much work, but you might end-up with many unsold parts in the end and still way short on the cash you expected. Not worth it; if worst comes to worst, see what is the best trade-in value you can get and offer it one more time for $500 over that trade-in value. Just make sure you negotiate price on a new bike without any trade-in offers before you get a trade-in value on your bike. I had to take trade-in value on my previous bike since no one was willing to pay me what I wanted and at that point I just said Fugg-it and traded it in (I got hosed).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts