Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welcome the new girl to my stable :)

(and no...im not parked in a handicapped space. this is at the dealer after they had closed and rolled her out to give me the walk around tour)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
welcome the new girl to my stable :)

(and no...im not parked in a handicapped space. this is at the dealer after they had closed and rolled her out to give me the walk around tour)

Welcome to the 24th Century...what is it? :heyyou: :dontknow: :helmet:

bloo

Reactions: mr_honez

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
162hp of italian twin deliciousness
That's Cute...did you see my New Bike 190hp at the Wheel of 4 Cyldn Kawi power? :lol:

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
pretty, but i want to do more than just go in straight lines really fast
I understand that is to fast for you :crackup: :lol: nice bike and nice to see you around my friend. :thumbsup: :eek:ccasion1:

bloo

Reactions: ZiG 9th and wicked

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's one big Duc! You certainly look excited. Congrats on the new purchase.

My local race shop had one of those Diavels apart and was developing a Penske shock for it. I got to look it over up close and it's a pretty interesting motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Aaaah, my future bike. Except I want the Carbon Red version. She looks beautiful Wicked! :drool:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,976 Posts
Congrats! Always fun to mount a new ride.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Sweet ride man. Looks great! Hows it ride?

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When You have the Power You can do anything you need to do, Any time you want to do it.

There is a twisty thing under your right hand...:crackup:
all the power in the world wont make a big bike nimble in the twisties...which was kind of my point. i can spank liter bikes all day long at the track on my wifes cbr600rr because while the liter bikes churn more power, the 600 is much easier to throw around

at 162 hp, 0-60 in 2.6 seconds and a top speed of ~160mph its plenty fast enough for its intended purpose and thats allowing me and the SigO to ride two up comfortably for road trips :grin2:

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet ride man. Looks great! Hows it ride?
thanks. gonna take a while to get used to riding a twin...engine complains a little under about 3500rpm. but its a comfortable ride and peel-the-skin-off-your-face fast. looking forward to taking it on a long haul and seeing how that feels.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
all the power in the world wont make a big bike nimble in the twisties...which was kind of my point. i can spank liter bikes all day long at the track on my wifes cbr600rr because while the liter bikes churn more power, the 600 is much easier to throw around

at 162 hp, 0-60 in 2.6 seconds and a top speed of ~160mph its plenty fast enough for its intended purpose and thats allowing me and the SigO to ride two up comfortably for road trips :grin2:
Nimble is a function of bike set-up (including tire size and compound+construction).. And Riders history ...:grin2:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Kinda went a different route

Actually it's the wifes but I get to play on it. Maybe she will dedicate her 675 Daytona to track now LOL

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nimble is a function of bike set-up (including tire size and compound+construction).. And Riders history ...:grin2:
actually, nimble is more a matter of bike geometry, center of gravity, weight, et cetera...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

The Nimble is done with Chassis setup...

The torque Of the ZX-10R, combined with the nimble I put in, Rules..:thumbsup:

I'm also a huge fan of the Scotts Stabilizer Damper...So the nimble doesn't go wrong.... :grin2:

Have to add, Nimble is also a product of Your Riding Background...

Ride Dirt in knarly mountain trails.. You toss your bike around trees & boulders, and ruts...
Ya gotta tell your bike what to do... :crackup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts