Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol I can assure you we all started in first gear. That bike got stretched fair and square. I'm posting the second vid that I lost to the BMW bec I was wheeling and waiting for the bike to settle to go wot which isn't until the top of 3,then the hunt begins. These videos are proof that a Panigale w exhaust, filter and tune will run with just about anything if you know how to ride the machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2voLsP3QRU&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
lol I can assure you we all started in first gear. That bike got stretched fair and square. I'm posting the second vid that I lost to the BMW bec I was wheeling and waiting for the bike to settle to go wot which isn't until the top of 3,then the hunt begins. These videos are proof that a Panigale w exhaust, filter and tune will run with just about anything if you know how to ride the machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2voLsP3QRU&feature=youtu.be
It must be one hell of a tune. I saw some 1199's trapping in the 130's while my 10 was trapping 150 last weekend

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First time at the track I trapped 153 with stock gearing on the PaniR with 900 miles(it had 3k in the video, I'm 205 unsuited. The full Ackra with the tune is what woke the bike up. My boss has a tricolor w /the full termi up the ducati upload map and there is no comparison. And we are with in 10lb of one another .From a 3 gear roll at 80 I'm in front and running away at 120 by 6+ bikes(hard to tell when going that fast lol).

a stock 1199.... will trap low 140s with a 180 rider if drive right , they are hard to ride at the strip since they make almost 30hp more from 7500-8500rpm and the bike just wants to wheelie

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
LOL! Sorry, but that 14 rider was weak! A stretched 14 starting in first gear can't get way out on a SWB Panigale and S1000rr........something seriously wrong here.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@boosted I thought the same but watch both videos and it was the same result , also in the second vid a gen2 busa lined up and was only 2-3 bike behind the 14. The Pani dynoed 193rwhp /93ftlb and weighs 402 full of fuel so being down by 8-10ft to the 14 and having 100less of mass to tote around will elicit these results . Now if I strapped my gf to the back of the Ducati I would have been battling with the 14 and busa (prob not bec of aeros, but u get the point)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No I spent it all on the supercharger on for my zx-10 ;) . That was a friends gopro then she sent it to me via whattsapp or whatever, I then sent it to my email which was forwarded to photobucket them finally landing at YouTube ..I would think the quality would be compromised .. Maybe not I'm far from a techy

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I guess you spent all your money on the Panigale so you couldn't afford a good video camera? :)
No I spent it all on the supercharger on for my zx-10 ;) . That was a friends gopro then she sent it to me via whattsapp or whatever, I then sent it to my email which was forwarded to photobucket them finally landing at YouTube ..I would think the quality would be compromised .. Maybe not I'm far from a techy
I can Vouch inginekilla is far from Techy but he is trying I seen his progress in just the last few days. :thumbsup: ......and to prove it he even knows transferring low resolution and maybe even compressing it mores means bad video resolution from the original size. :wink::wink:

bloo

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You know a lot depends on who's riding the bike. Check this vid I'm riding an 04 10r no engine or exhaust mods and you can see me pull away on the straight from a brand new Pani. Gotta feel bad on your 30 thousand dollar bike getting beat by a 6000 dollar bike. The Pani tries to pick his pace up after I come by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIlRF7kACCw

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's all in the setup on the panigale.that's why i posted the vids.there are almost no videos of them fairing well against the I4 bikes but those vids are all of stock bikes or have the termi setup.My Panigale is faster than my gen1 I'm building and my gen1 has numerous kills under her belt from busas,bmws,14th etc.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
@boosted I thought the same but watch both videos and it was the same result , also in the second vid a gen2 busa lined up and was only 2-3 bike behind the 14. The Pani dynoed 193rwhp /93ftlb and weighs 402 full of fuel so being down by 8-10ft to the 14 and having 100less of mass to tote around will elicit these results .
I will respectfully disagree :wink: given all the mid 8 second bolt-on 14r's I race with on the regular that trap 158-162mph depending on rider weight on pump 87. I could understand maybe a higher rolling start where you get out, then the 14 comes around on the big end, but to take off on a stretched one at a low speed start with a SWB bike is all rider error in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Have you weighed the 1199R or are the numbers quoted By Ducatis specs?thats very impressive and very close to WSBK figures thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 37 Posts