Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys for those who have paint it their rims, whats the best way, because am thinking of getting mine painted, but the guy whose going to do them, he say i should keep the tires on instead of taking them off, what happend after i decide to put new tires, would it get all scratch around the rim when i decide to put the new tires? :dontknow: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Im not sure bud...someone will supply you with the answers you seek. my gut feeling is that it isnt the greatest idea and wont hold up very well with the wear and tear of the road

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hattori Hanzo said:
FYI If you look in the mirror and say BLOO three times BD appears candyman style :mrgreen: so be careful talkin about blue rims.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Dude!!........

That was funny.......

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
i wouldnt recommend painting(coats are thinner and weaker). so chipping would be more probable. get em powdercoated, which is very very durable and longer lasting. unless you want a quick cheap look then just tape em up and spray can them suckers yourself, but they will soon look like crap.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
powder coat is best but paint done well, good prep and good clear will last okay.

Did it to an fzr600 that I did not want to put too much $$ into- lasted fine but not as good as pc and more care needed at wheel change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts