Some pics after my wreck; first I repaired the cracks with fiberglass:

Then I added body filler and glazing putty:

All the plastics post prep work:

Air duct covers wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl:

Plastics being painted:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
Man I would say just trade out the red rim tape for maybe some nice silver and use silver and black as your sticker colors since you already have those on the bike.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
How was working with the vinyl wrap? Ive toyed with the idea of doing some smaller things on my bike...looks great! Definitely needs some stickers, i like the idea of black and silver, keeps it nice and clean looking without adding all kinds of ridiculous colors

·
Registered
636 Posts
Great job. Looks really nice!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How was working with the vinyl wrap? Ive toyed with the idea of doing some smaller things on my bike...looks great! Definitely needs some stickers, i like the idea of black and silver, keeps it nice and clean looking without adding all kinds of ridiculous colors
The vinyl wrap is not terrible. The idea is to get it on and minimize the amount of bubbles. I used an xacto blade to cut it out and shape it once I had it covered. Trying to cut out the exact sizes you need prior to sticking it to a curved surface is almost impossible. If you have bubbles at the end, you can pop them with a small slit with the xacto blade to release the air. The stuff also forms around curves with a heat gun or hair dryer.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Powdercoat those wheels neon red, bike looks great man!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks great! Nice work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts