Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys this is aon 06 second gen

I see the same year same color wiht painted bottom fairings completely same color as the bike

WTF is up wiht that

I want painted ones too to match teh rest of the bike

where do I buy them or do I paint my own

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Gonna have to get them painted yourself. Colorite has the correct paint.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Color Rite sells the OE color matched paints. Beware though, they are not a perfect match, so if you strive for absolute perfection you may be dissapointed.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Color Rite sells the OE color matched paints. Beware though, they are not a perfect match, so if you strive for absolute perfection you may be dissapointed.
The paint itself is a perfect match. However, the factory paint generally has faded ever so slightly, and many factors go into paint match, including pressure, the brand of reducer and clear, and other things you can't account for.

In other words, I learned myself that it's not as easy as getting color matched paint and painting it, not even if you just buy the correct paint.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, I appreciate the input

so I cant buy the fairings painted from the dealer

ok colorite what color is the named is it pearl solar yellow and where is the best place to buy it

sorry for the new questions guys

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
The paint itself is a perfect match. However, the factory paint generally has faded ever so slightly, and many factors go into paint match, including pressure, the brand of reducer and clear, and other things you can't account for.

In other words, I learned myself that it's not as easy as getting color matched paint and painting it, not even if you just buy the correct paint.
Well said, they probably pull the factory mix from Kawi, but even something as simple putting wax on your paint can alter the appearance, UV works fast as well.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Really? That's the first I had heard of that situation. Most people who buy the whole color-rite kit and have a pro blend the fade out have awesome results, never heard of it being off by that much.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
thanks guys, I appreciate the input

so I cant buy the fairings painted from the dealer

ok colorite what color is the named is it pearl solar yellow and where is the best place to buy it

sorry for the new questions guys
IF you had a 07 you could, all the 07's got color matched lowers, but no yeller in 07

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks brother, yeah that is what I thought man, shit I need to paint those lowers

·
Banned
15 Posts
I have the solar yellow 2006 and I painted the bottoms to match the top. I never thought it would be such a hard job!!! Two paint shops could never get it right. Two months later without a bike and many trials and error they finaly came close to the factory paint and it was $500!!! Kawasaki has no idea about the paint codes they were no help. The problem with our color is its a tricolor paint job. The paint is in 3 steps note tricolor. Step 1 is the base coat that has a code 48 or something like that, then there is step 2 a pearl with flakes. What color flakes and how much pearl?? Kawasaki is again no help or any paint company. THEN STEP 3 THE CLEAR. Now the problem is to much pearl or too little makes the mustard yellow paint to dark or to light. A real pain in the ass!!! The paint shop came very close if I knew how to upload pictures I would show you I love the 2007 look!!! But at $500 I could paint a car!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, I used the Colorite plan and got more orange on my touch up job. Y'gotta admit, the color's so bitchin because it's so translucent, getting a match would be near impossible! Good luck, mate, and post your results, if you get any......!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok guys this is aon 06 second gen

I see the same year same color wiht painted bottom fairings completely same color as the bike

WTF is up wiht that

I want painted ones too to match teh rest of the bike

where do I buy them or do I paint my own

OP, i have your pearl solar yellow paint from www.colorrite.com

1/2 pint base for pearl, 1/2 pint paint....which should be enough for both lower fairings....i bought them to paint my lowers...but i have a lil crack on my right lower from some idiot driver backing into it and tipping over.....so i put some decals on it for now...:crackup::lol:

if interested.... [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts