Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been trying to install paint shop pro x from a dis and i keep getting this.

error 1327.invalid drive:k\

do anybody know what this mean and how i can fix it. thanks

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
is drive k:\ your cd rom where the disc is. if so, there is an error on the disc

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
what are you clickin on to get this error?

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i place the dis in the cd drive and try to load the program. it goes through its thing and then a window pop up saying error 1327. i disable the other drive and still get the error. brand software and i can't install it.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
do you have another computer to try it on, maybe at work you have a tech guru that can try to load it, if you get the same error, something is wrong with the disc. no scratches on the disc = most likely disc was burned with an error on it.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
do you have another computer to try it on, maybe at work you have a tech guru that can try to load it, if you get the same error, something is wrong with the disc. no scratches on the disc = most likely disc was burned with an error on it.
:+1:

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
With the disk in the drive, in My Computer, try right clicking on the drive and click explore. If you can see the contents of the disk find the setup file and click it to start the install. If that doesn't work but you can see the contents of the disk, right click on the disk and hit copy and paste the disk on the desktop. Open the folder from the desktop after it coppies and run the setup file from there. It may be the disk drive has a problem with how it was burned or on that type of media it was burned on. If these don't work take it back and get a new copy.

Tread

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Tread70 said:
With the disk in the drive, in My Computer, try right clicking on the drive and click explore. If you can see the contents of the disk find the setup file and click it to start the install. If that doesn't work but you can see the contents of the disk, right click on the disk and hit copy and paste the disk on the desktop. Open the folder from the desktop after it coppies and run the setup file from there. It may be the disk drive has a problem with how it was burned or on that type of media it was burned on. If these don't work take it back and get a new copy.

Tread
:+1:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tread70 said:

Tread

i gave it a try and still no dice. i'll take it to work and see if the girl there can try. i bought this on the net and i'm trying to get ahold customer service. Thanks guys for all the help.

·
Registered
424 Posts
a few things to try

It is possible that the problem is related to a corruption in the Paint Shop Pro registry settings. This following procedure will delete these registry settings. The next time Paint Shop Pro is launched, it will recreate the settings and behave like a fresh installation. If Paint Shop Pro is running, close it prior to beginning this procedure.

Close Paint Shop Pro if it is running.
Hold the shift key and click the shortcut to start Paint Shop Pro.
You should see a dialog asking:
Do you want to restore Paint Shop Pro to its default state?
Click OK.
Paint Shop Pro will restart and behave like a fresh installed version.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K10 said:
If its an upgrade, what version you upgrading from? You have to have 4 or above.
I don't have paint shop at all. Did i just buy a up grade version. It's paint shop pro X. Do anbody know this program. Please don't tell me i need to buy paint shop pro and then one i have is just a upgrade.

·
Registered
424 Posts
rocketracermike said:
I don't have paint shop at all. Did i just buy a up grade version. It's paint shop pro X. Do anbody know this program. Please don't tell me i need to buy paint shop pro and then one i have is just a upgrade.
I have PSPX, but you have to buy the full version if you do not have another version on your PC.
You can't use the upgrade version CD if you don't already have it dude. sorry.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Even the upgrade wouldn't give that kind of error message. I say its a bad disk.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
K10 said:
I have PSPX, but you have to buy the full version if you do not have another version on your PC.
You can't use the upgrade version CD if you don't already have it dude. sorry.

well, that makes sense. $100.00 for up grade. i thought this was a full version. You won't belive this, but corel no longer give free help. instead they send you to somewhere else.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts