Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used the aerosol cans to paint anything on their bike. I've got a cowl I need to paint and I was going to just sand it down then primer, paint, and clear coat it using the colorrite paint off their website. A buddy of mine says the aerosol cans are actually pretty good.

Has anyone used these and do you have pics to show how good the paint match is?

·
Registered
217 Posts
All I can say from personal experience is take your time and make sure you keep the surface clean and free of dust, oh and keep your greasy fingers off of it until you're completely done, the oils from your skin will ruin it BIG TIME!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
krylon fusion works pretty damn good as well and requires no sanding or clear coat (but clear can be added if desired) i've used it on everything from cowls to entire track fairings.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Exactly...the secret for a good paint job is good materials but more important is the prep work.
Exactly what I meant when I said to take your time.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Like everyone said. Keep it clean and the environment around you. I used rattle can to paint my bike in avatar using duplicolor paint and their prep wipes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice guys, I've done rims which have taken a long time and patience so I'm not totally new to rattle can jobs. Gonna try it tomorrow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts