Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some pre-existing damage on the tank. My cousin owns a body shop and will repair and paint at close to nothing. Tossing around the idea of painting all green pieces, grey like the gen 5. Leaving the rest black, accenting in gold or bronze. I love the kawi green but like that grey too. I hate trying to buy a bike with aftermarket fairings or paint because it makes me think it's been totaled. But I don't think I'm selling this one. Thoughts or experience with this?
Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
183 Posts
That's a nice looking bike....I say go for it. It's definitely a unique color scheme at least in the Kawi family.

Reactions: CoyoteB4

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to convince him white but every bike I've owned has been white or black (one blue and white gsxr). So he talked me into a little deeper grey than the one above.

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
183 Posts
I tried to convince him white but every bike I've owned has been white or black (one blue and white gsxr). So he talked me into a little deeper grey than the one above.
White is sexy as well.....Another not too common color in the Kawi family.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle brake

Reactions: CoyoteB4

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's up with those mirrors??? Got more shots of them? Did they come stock or is that aftermarket? They look a little more recessed in that picture

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
183 Posts
What's up with those mirrors??? Got more shots of them? Did they come stock or is that aftermarket? They look a little more recessed in that picture
They are stock mirrors. I had a pair of Rizoma winglets that I recently removed and sold....now they were killer looking but their functionality were zero.

·
Registered
959 Posts
White is sexy as well.....Another not too common color in the Kawi family.

View attachment 450600
Zed your bike is sick! Love the tidy tail and subtle colour accents with the 2 shades and the shorty exhaust.

Coyote, I'm going to throw a wild idea out there since you've got an affordable paint option. I've always thought a particular classic ZX-7R throwback scheme would be so unique and Kawi heritage fans would go absolutely bonkers over it. To pull it off it would need all the elements including a solo tail (Chinese ones are uber cheap), white number plates and purple wheels. I'm not laying claim to the idea but just want someone else to do it so we can all admire the result.

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
183 Posts
Zed your bike is sick! Love the tidy tail and subtle colour accents with the 2 shades and the shorty exhaust.

Coyote, I'm going to throw a wild idea out there since you've got an affordable paint option. I've always thought a particular classic ZX-7R throwback scheme would be so unique and Kawi heritage fans would go absolutely bonkers over it. To pull it off it would need all the elements including a solo tail (Chinese ones are uber cheap), white number plates and purple wheels.

Thanks Porschenut!

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are stock mirrors. I had a pair of Rizoma winglets that I recently removed and sold....now they were killer looking but their functionality were zero.
Maybe it's the angle then. The depth from that angle make them look much shorter. I've tried a million types in the past. Had a decent looking pair of pig spotters years ago but like you're saying, zero functionality. Fancy ass bike!

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely unique but the purple is too loud for me, and the tri color isn't for me. However, my wife said she thinks she wants to get into riding so a smaller class older joint for her to learn on might find a deeper purple throughout I'm sure some trial and error with droppage.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motorcycle

I really wanted this setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts