Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have a similar post on the 14 binders, but after searching the forum and reading MANY post to pick a brand/type of pad, I finally decided to go for the Vesrah RJL. Much to my dismay, it appears that Versah doesn't make the RJL for the 14 binders. :sad:

They DO make the SRJL for $120 a card (1 card for each rotor). Ah.... no thanks.

So, I ask you smart guys (already made the mistakes), which pads have you tried with the 14 calipers on the 10R and your thoughts on them.

So far I have heard good things about the OEM pads, but they seem to cost as much as aftermarket.

Right now, I am leaning toward Galfer 1370 series sintered. What say you Ninja freaks?

I much appreciate the input!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I have EBC HH in mine, no complaints, I had stock in Blue Max before I switched to Brembos, the EBC's seemed a bit grabbier than the stock pad, although maybe a little. My EBC's ever so often when cold squeel jsut a bit, but not bad.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Im going to tell you what kind of experiences i have had (personally) with stock pads (nissin calipers)on my second gen forks. I have always gotton a little shuddering from the stock pads and associated it with loose head bearings at first (might of been a partial problem but didnt completely solve my problems). My next step was cleaning the calipers and rotors real good to see if that fixed my problems (It helped at first and i thought i fixed the problem but the shuddering still came back). I just finally installed new sbs race pads and think i found the problem! (SIDE NOTE)I have read a bunch of post about people having shuddering front end problems due to internal bushings in the forks causing the shuddering problem. I'll be honest and tell you that i have not ridden the bike very much since installing new pads but im pretty sure ive found my problem. The stock nissin pads were only 30% worn btw. Im trying to tell you that the pads that i have in my calipers are more of a progressive type pad where you wont get the hard inital bite that might cause the front end to chatter. I hope this has helped in your decision makeing process because its been nothing but a pain in the ass for me.:thumbsup:

Please note that this is my own personal experience and im not saying that you will have these problems with stock pads.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to tell you what kind of experiences i have had (personally) with stock pads (nissin calipers)on my second gen forks. I have always gotton a little shuddering from the stock pads and associated it with loose head bearings at first (might of been a partial problem but didnt completely solve my problems). My next step was cleaning the calipers and rotors real good to see if that fixed my problems (It helped at first and i thought i fixed the problem but the shuddering still came back). I just finally installed new sbs race pads and think i found the problem! (SIDE NOTE)I have read a bunch of post about people having shuddering front end problems due to internal bushings in the forks causing the shuddering problem. I'll be honest and tell you that i have not ridden the bike very much since installing new pads but im pretty sure ive found my problem. The stock nissin pads were only 30% worn btw. Im trying to tell you that the pads that i have in my calipers are more of a progressive type pad where you wont get the hard inital bite that might cause the front end to chatter. I hope this has helped in your decision makeing process because its been nothing but a pain in the ass for me.:thumbsup:

Please note that this is my own personal experience and im not saying that you will have these problems with stock pads.
Thanks for taking the time to explain your experience. I am pretty sure I won't go with stock pads, since as I said they cost as much as some of the recommended aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have EBC HH in mine, no complaints, I had stock in Blue Max before I switched to Brembos, the EBC's seemed a bit grabbier than the stock pad, although maybe a little. My EBC's ever so often when cold squeel jsut a bit, but not bad.
I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the EBC Extreme series pads. My vesrahs are finally done so I'm swapping a set in a set of the EBC's for next season.

·
Banned
333 Posts
I think the stock pads are either Galfer or EBC HH's but I've run Ferrodos on my zx6 racebike as well as the Vesrahs but the cost of the Vesrahs were just too much to take so I'm probably going to look at Carbonne Lorraine or the EBC extreme series. A couple other racers in the org swear by them on their bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts