Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thiking of getting a packed biked from the dealership, Now what exactly do i have to fix when i pick up the bike?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
mmmmm your speaking of a crated bike correct, but yea it comes nearly 90% assembled so you may have to install mirrors, maybe front wheel, windscreen, check battery, fluids etc.

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
put oil in it...make sure everythings tight, power steering fluid, perhaps put the suspension to stock settings

:dontknow:

Im sure the dealer could give you a list!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
put oil in it...make sure everythings tight, power steering fluid, perhaps put the suspension to stock settings

:dontknow:

Im sure the dealer could give you a list!
while your checkin the power sterring fluid by all means check the AT fluid and the jake brake. :mrgreen:

BD

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Big Daddy said:
while your checkin the power sterring fluid by all means check the AT fluid and the jake brake. :mrgreen:

BD
dont forget the windshield wipers...differential oil...rotate the tires...

·
Registered
438 Posts
install windscreen, put on and torque steering head nut, fill battery up with acid and charge, rip off protective plastic, check tire pressure, check oil level, gallon of gas and start

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
How come you guys always give the new guy a hard time. Wind sheild wipers. Come on. You guys are forgetting to tell him to check the fan belt. You don't want him to over heat his new 10.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Don't forget to check the blinker fluid! Mine too was low on high beam.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Riderxusa said:
Don't forget to check the blinker fluid! Mine too was low on high beam.
I always use the halogen fluid in mine...heard the HID was better but I cant afford that stuff!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
You might also have to torque the glow-plugs. Sometimes when you un-crate a new motorcycle, they tend to spin off during shipping. Just to be safe, I set the varible sequence meters to about 4db, so that when you install the high-voltage trippler, you'll be able to set your suspension in accordance to your own body-weight.
The dealer will perform all of these things for you, if you let them take it out of the crate. But if you want to do it yourself, you'll have to fill the crankcase with oil and flip-open the hydraulic spindle asist valve. Good luck, man.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Make damn sure you get the Muffler Bearings tight!! Mine have came loose so many times its not even funny. I put red loc-tite on them and they are good now. :badteeth:

·
Registered
94 Posts
:welcome: Don't forget to add grease to the mirror zerks and fill the front tire coolant resevour to within 1 cm of the stop cock. :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts