Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok..... My baby has been over heatin and I've begun the troubleshooting process.

1. I've checked the fan by takin it off and connectin it to anothe power supply and it works.
2. The overheatin started after I disconnected the Ignition module so went back in and made sure I reconnected everything and all was good.
3. I checked the water pump and as soon as I started the bike it started spinnin.
4. Took the radiator off and there were no clogs, coolant poured out of all the openings.

I truly hope its not a blown head gasket. Has anyone had to have one replaced? How much was your bill? Same with the thermostat I just don't have the means to check it myself. How much did it set you back.

And last but not least, is anyone runnin a MXL Data Logger? I changed some settings and don't know if that could be the culprit.

Callin all the forum Gurus..... HELP!!!!!!

P.S. If you see any mods in my sig that could be the cause lmk.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a XML but that wont cause the issue. How hot is overheating? Have you changed the fluid recently? A air pocket in the system will cause it to overheat.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It gets up to 245-250! Hot as two sheep fukkin in a wool sleepin bag!

·
Registered
562 Posts
It gets up to 245-250! Hot as two sheep fukkin in a wool sleepin bag!
My 3rd gen hit 240s the other day and started flashing. Kinda scared me bc it's never got over 210-215 before :dontknow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts