Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new truck and I want to be able to haul the bike in the bed. Anybody know off hand the overall length of the ZX-10? I know the wheelbase is 54.5 inches but that doesn't give me the real world length of the bike.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The 10 is actually pretty short. I could put it in a standard bed Chevy 1500 and close the tail gate. With my SV 650 I had to angle the bike slightly.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Even a 6-foot truck box is OK; all it means is that the tailgate won't go up all the way or you have to position the bike diagonally in the bed. If you can deal with that, the only truck boxes that might be too short are on compact 4-door pickups.

P.S. Height is another consideration. Loading a bike into the back of a lifted 4x4 is NOT FUN.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Here is another option for you if you want to go the SUV route (or anything with a Class III/IV receiver). I carried my bike on this to the Dragon (250 mile roundtrip) several times. I could load the bike by myself in less than 5 minutes.

http://www.versahaul.com/

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a Versahaul -- and love it. I've used it behind my Denali as well as behind my long bed GMC. It's great with the pick up as it is easy to load the bike by myself, and I can still carry all my junk under my fold up bed topper -- dry. For one of the track days, I ended up loading two friends bikes in the bed with my ZZR1200 (before I got the 10) on the rack in the back.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
king-tony said:
The 10 is actually pretty short. I could put it in a standard bed Chevy 1500 and close the tail gate. With my SV 650 I had to angle the bike slightly.
Me too but it don't fit without swigin the backend to one side........mmmm part of the reason for that is i have a Pingle wheel chock mounted so i loose about 2"

BD

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks people. I'm considering the Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. The cargo box is 54.5" but can't find the length with the "bed extender." The older models you had the option of short or long bed which was perfect for hauling bikes. Not an option on the newer trucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts