Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did something pretty dumb while pressing bearings, essentially mixed up how far i needed to press this bearing in and pushed it ~2mm to far.... Not sure if you can tell from the pic but the face looks noticeably compressed compared to a new bearing...
I'm assuming i should pull it out, replace it and start again?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I say pull it, invest a slide hammer as suggested above. They are one of those tools that just lay around doing nothing but hayy when you need you need it :wink2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could probably tap it out with a socket, do you guys have a bearing puller set you recommend?
Also, how do you press bearings as precisely as the manual wants them? Like, its asking for the first needle bearing on the left side to be pushed it until there's a 1mm gap between it and the swingarm, then for a .5mm gap between the 2nd needle bearing... Looking back over the manual now i should of just taken it to my mechanic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Using the method to press in bearings is fine. Once you pull the bearing out, grab a socket that will push the bearing in, measure out on the socket wall 28mm (J) and mark it with a sharpie. When you press in the bearing you'll keep pressing in the bearing until the mark is flush with the edge of the swing arm. If it's done correctly you'll have 1mm space on the opposite side of the bearing. If you're trying to get it exact, once you get close pull the socket and measure the depth, press in a little further, measure, rinse and repeat until you get to the desired depth.

You can do the same process for (I) measurment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts